Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Go Sooners!
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older G26 that I bought a few months ago. Then I found that it's become next to impossible to find old style G26 10 round mags. The new ambi mags don't fit right and leave a gap between the mag and the grip. I've bought mags from a couple of internet auctions that had pics of the older mags only to receive newer style mags in the mail. Finally I found two older style mags advertised as NOS and when they got here they were really the old style mags. Now I have four. That's plenty and I'm a happy G26 owner.

·
Registered
31,725 Posts
That's annoying to hear, first I've heard this. Is the gap the same on the Gen 4 26 with Gen 4 mags? If not then wouldn't Gen 3 mags have trouble fitting into the Gen 4s?

Anyone have pictures that illustrate this gap?

·
Banned
12,951 Posts
Congrats on having the best (IMO) Glock.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I hear you...

I hated it when I first came across this problem with my G27.

Ordered some new magazines for my 27, and when I first used them, I noticed that there was a gap where the mag floorplate meets the mag well.

Not only does this look sloppy (as evidenced by all new glocks, which have the ambi-cut magazines, and hence, the magazine sticks out lower than flush..), but if you are using any kind of magazine extension, this can create a pinching sensation when firing your weapon.

I've gotten over it now :cool:, but it used to bug the heck out of me :crying:.

·
Glock Guy
2,142 Posts
Thanks for pointing this out. Now I know to specify, "Non-ambi-mags for Gen3."

·
Banned
466 Posts
The G 26 is a damn nice carry gun. Got one also in my carry selection. All the J Frames are now gone for good.

·
Some Dude
7,981 Posts
Congrats on the G26......My Fav!!

:wavey:

red

·
Adirondacker with a Glock
2,812 Posts
I'm an older Glock owner, too.
I'm older, and so's my Glock.
Perfect for each other!

·
Registered
659 Posts
I found the same thing with my 26 and my 19. Fortunately I was able to find a good number of non ambi mags for each. I don't care on the 17 because the grip is plenty long enough that the "gap" can't pinch...

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
I agree the 26 is one of their best

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Only 26 mags. I have are the ones that came with the gun new.
For extra carry mags. I use either 17 or 19 mags. of which
I have both.
If I ever did need to use my weapon for defense and had to
reload, I surely would appreciate the extra rounds.
I just could not see buying three different types of extra
mags when the 17 fits them all.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Congrats on your 26...which happens to be my favorite glock model

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Yea, I know what you mean about the new magazines, I noticed that they stick out a little bit, but really not enough to bother me.

But good luck trying to find those old style mags!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts