Votes: 11 6.9%
  • there is no Climate Change

Votes: 13 8.1%
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
View attachment 529824
Wish you could comprehend what you read or are you just a joker?

“Disagree, and you're likely to be labeled a "climate denier" because, we're told, "the science is settled."
Yes I am a joker, but I'm also pointing out that what you wrote can't possibly be true, and the statement, not you, is almost as stupid as what the manmade climate change advocates say.

·
Registered
42,445 Posts
If the data is correct that humans are contributing 0.28% of the total greenhouse gas, annually, then I think the notion of man made global warming or anthropogenic climate change is horse crap.

If the data is incorrect and humans are contributing more AND that contribution is increasing the earth's temperature, I have no reason to believe the homeostatic mechanisms from eons past aren't enough to correct the problem.

And even if all that is also wrong, I don't believe the cost of changing will allow people to ever do a damn thing about it in the long run. The only thing that will come out of this could be for certain countries to put themselves at a disadvantage.

Efforts to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels, I do like. Efforts to reduce pollution, we should all be on board with. But the MMGW push that I see right now is based on BS data manipulation and politics.

·
Rational
14,230 Posts
I look at these views very simply:

-I trust my Veterinarian when she tells me my cat is sick.
-I trust the local meteorologists when they give a forecast....they are rarely wrong.
-I trust the doctors, experts in the field of cancer study, who diagnose my mother's cancer.
-I trust biology I grew up learning when it tells me that there are 2 genders.
-I trust the Volcanologist and geologists who tell us the status of various Volcanoes.

And....

I trust climate scientists, those whom are far smarter than I and who spend their lives studying the climate, when they tell me that global warming is real.

But....

The thing is that I:

1) Don't think it's a big enough problem to care about on a daily basis.
2) Want people to hold China and India responsible for their part in it before they blame the US.
3) Don't believe that our economy should be converted to a "friendly climate" economy, because it costs people jobs.

If someone can find a way to address global warming without hurting the economy or costing people their jobs, then it has my support. But so far, I've yet to see that happen.

·
Smartass Pilot
20,641 Posts
The Earth is a closed system and as such our activity must have at least some effect on it, but the same could be said of an ant hill. The real question is whether we are having a significant effect and if that effect is harmful. I think the answer to both is "no".

The problem with the climate alarmists is that they are allowing their worldview to bias their research. They start with the presumption that we are impacting the climate significantly and that this impact is negative. So, they look for negative feedback loops and possible "tipping points". What do they find? Surprise, negative feedback loops and "tipping points".

The truth is that every time the world has been warm there has been an explosion of growth for civilization and life in general. Heat is energy, energy is good. Life is the best evolutionary tool there is for collecting and concentrating this energy into organized systems. It's to our benefit to have a warmer Earth. And in contrast, whenever the Earth's climate has gone through a cooling stage, civilization has declined as has life in general. A cooler climate is bad for us, not good.

Reactions: janice6

·
Eternity: Smoking or Non-Smoking
2,764 Posts
I believe in climate change, 4 times a year

·
Eternity: Smoking or Non-Smoking
2,764 Posts
I believe in climate change, 4 times a year

Reactions: Anomander

·
Am Yisrael Chai
34,827 Posts
G.I.G.O.

Plain and simple.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Do the research of what companies Al Gore et al are invested in and you’ll understand why man caused global warming is a religion to them. Follow the money.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Why no data showing a slowing in "climate change" due to all the environmental BS they've enacted so far? My Ram truck gets 5 more MPG, my crappy washing machine is environmentally friendly, everyone has LED light bulbs, birth rates are dropping, and we have mile after mile of f'ing windmills! show us that things are getting better with the changes we've made so far.

·
Registered
11,874 Posts
The earth is flat.
It was the last time I looked at a paper map, but then I was shown a globe. :dunno: I just don't know what to think anymore.:eyebrow:

Reactions: janice6

·
Registered
443 Posts
Dallas Morning News today. Ad, Al Gore gonna speak at the Pavilion on May 3. Some democrats gonna pay money to hear the latest from him. How can this actually be happening????? Makes my head hurt...........BAD.

·
Registered
19,626 Posts
I believe that even without humanity and farting cows and bloviating politicians and superhero bartenders, we would still be going through a cyclical change in global temperature, just as we have since before the dawn of recorded history.
This is where I'm at on it as well.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts