GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
we about frieked out when we saw ours this month. 370 dollars. I couldn't beleive it. It has never been even close to that. It hasn't even been that hot, but my wife has asthma and i get allergies in the spring and it helps both of us breathe. We're toughing it out now, its off after that bill arrived.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
when i lived in an apartment in college, my bill was about 50 bucks usually and i kept it warm in the winter and cool in the summer. i didnt limit myself at all then. now ive had to smarten up with a 1500 square foot brick house.

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
When I was a kid I remember my daddy saying, "Turn off that light son, last month the electric bill was $9.00. What do you think I am made of, money?"
That was my dad also:supergrin:

·
Deus Diligo USA
3,204 Posts
$54.67 last month. Likely to top $65.00 this month due to usage of fans due to the minor heat wave we're going through now. We pay for the previous 30 day period each month here.

·
Registered
594 Posts
$124.00 last month. My thermostat is set a 82. It is usually a little lower but last month we had 26 days over 100 here in Central Tejas.

The killer for me is my water bill. Before I use one drop of water my bill starts at $151.00.

·
Cool Cat
12,111 Posts
It does happen to me every time I eat beef. Have a nice day. :wow:

·
Wayward Member
5,249 Posts
$212 monthly, gas& electric combined. Next house will have geothermal heat and/or masonry heat, depending on the size of the woodlot... and no gas (I'll miss my stove).

Mrs.Cicero

·
Am Yisrael Chai
34,827 Posts
Dear G,

Your electric is $25.09 for the month.
Wish you would ditch the LP, generator and wind mill.
Thank you,
TVA Electric
:supergrin:
FTW! :rofl: :supergrin:

·
Registered
475 Posts
$200.11 in east TX last month, the highest it's ever been, and darn well worth it in order to not live in a 500 sq/ft. apt....

·
1,258 Posts
Sorry Okie, but it's hard to feel much sympathy for a $55 electric bill - I'd be jumping for joy if I got one of those. I have this image of you sitting around the house at night, all dark except for the oil lamps. :supergrin:

My electric bill averages about $150 a month in the summer, which I think is actually pretty good. I figure $30 just about covers my water heater and refrigerator and lights for the month. The other $120 or so is to run the AC.

I get no bill for gas usage in the summer months since the only thing that is gas fired in my house is the furnace. However, I still get to pay the gas company about $30 a month maintenance fee for the privilege of having a meter and account with them. :steamed:

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
$154 last month. That's the highest we've ever had other then the inlaws plugging in their motorhome for 2 weeks one time. And Duke energy here has been granted a 9.5% increase! That hope and change is working wonders here! Oh, and BMW announced a huge layoff. More hope and change!

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Sorry Okie, but it's hard to feel much sympathy for a $55 electric bill - I'd be jumping for joy if I got one of those. I have this image of you sitting around the house at night, all dark except for the oil lamps. :supergrin:

My electric bill averages about $150 a month in the summer, which I think is actually pretty good. I figure $30 just about covers my water heater and refrigerator and lights for the month. The other $120 or so is to run the AC.

I get no bill for gas usage in the summer months since the only thing that is gas fired in my house is the furnace. However, I still get to pay the gas company about $30 a month maintenance fee for the privilege of having a meter and account with them. :steamed:
I ain't got no oil lamps:crying::supergrin:

·
♥Meezers♥
6,738 Posts
44 bucks year round for electric here (balanced billing). I am in a 1,200 sq foot townhouse. 2 floors. I don't run the house A/C, it is old and needs to be replaced. I do have 2 window A/C units upstairs that drastically lowered my electric bill. The downstairs stays cool so no need to run the central A/C.

Gas is about 56 bucks a month year round. Gas stove and water heater, and furnace too.

Are some of you guys on level or balanced billing???????? You should be!! ((you too Okie!!))

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
44 bucks year round for electric here (balanced billing). I am in a 1,200 sq foot townhouse. 2 floors. I don't run the house A/C, it is old and needs to be replaced. I do have 2 window A/C units upstairs that drastically lowered my electric bill. The downstairs stays cool so no need to run the central A/C.

Gas is about 56 bucks a month year round. Gas stove and water heater, and furnace too.

Are some of you guys on level or balanced billing???????? You should be!! ((you too Okie!!))
I called Duke energy. They said the bill is level, now pay the balance.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
We're in the $1200 per month range here. God damn co-op bastards. If you have time go and google pioneer electric and read about their shady ways.

Wow, I thought our bills were high! We are electric only, heat pump/central air. When the system is on we are now averaging between $300-400 a month now. Our unit is only 4 years old and has a high SEER rating. I can only imagine how bad it is going to get.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts