close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I-96 Corridor Shootings

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by jph02, Oct 22, 2012.

1. jph02

jph02

Police from southeast to mid-Michigan are investigating a series of shootings, many of which have taken place along the I-96 corridor.

It's not clear to me, but seems at least some reports are the shots are coming from oncoming traffic. Nonetheless, there's a composite sketch of the alleged perpetrator.
    [​IMG]

Suspect vehicles include a Mustang with racing stripes, a yellow Chevy Cavalier, a really old Olds Alero, or a really old Toyota Camry.

2. brisk21

brisk21

Yeah I wont be driving on that part of 96 for awhile....I hope they catch the person/people doing this soon.

3. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Well, this is just crazy stuff.

4. IGotIt

IGotIt No Demlibtards

My daughter and her family, my son and his family, plus several brothers and their families all live in the vicinity of these incidents. All the male counterparts are either in LE, or have CPL's. All are being watchful and alert.

5. brisk21

brisk21

Well I hope they all stay safe. Im a parent to, and haveing to worry about this incident would be difficult.

6. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

This weekend I'll be flying into detroit and driving to sterling heights. We will also be visiting ann arbor and cedar point in sandusky oh. Need I be worried?

7. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

Be more worried about getting into a serious accident than being shot.

8. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

I think he (they) are watching the news. There hasn't been any shootings as of late.

9. jph02

jph02

Agreed. Even if you drive the I-96 corridor where the shootings have taken place, you're more likely to be in an accident than get shot at. In any case, your destinations and routes will not likely be in the vicinity of where the shootings have been taking place. I-275/I-96/I-696 is the closest spot and everything has been west of there, so far.

10. ustate

ustate NRA Member

I'm from Livonia which is right in that area, scary situation. I hope they catch the guy quick.

11. Hailstorm

Hailstorm Boom Shacka

I sent a text to my wife, she works across the 696 stretch. Live in Canton, and works by the Palace. When she is in country. I guess I could talk to her again about her getting a CPL.

It is stuff like this that you can't prepare for. Someone out of the blue just takes a pot shot at you. I admit, I could probly return fire in a couple seconds. But, that is something hard to stay on top of. I always watch my rear view mirror.

A question for everyone. If your right. Are you still paranoid? :supergrin:

12. vart

vart

It's nice to see that CNN screws up car info as badly as they do gun info...

13. Never Nervous

Never Nervous

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

NN

14. jph02

jph02

15. frizz

frizz

This concept of "There's danger! Better put the school on lockdown!" is maddeningly stupid.

The worst example happened shortly after 9-11 in Florida. A small airplane was off course and in restricted airspace in the general area of the school. Someone called the school... What did the principal do? Lockdown!

So they have a concern that the airplane was going to crash into the school building, so they made all of the kids stay in the school building.

Brilliant.

16. jph02

jph02

ATF has joined the I-96 corridor shootings task force, along with the FBI. Both federal agencies added $50,000 each to the reward for information leading to arrest of the shooter. I can't help but think with that kind of money out there, someone's gonna turn Bubba in eventually.

On a side note, on my way home yesterday, I did not see a single police car on I-96 between Lansing and Detroit. I did see a helicopter (probably the same one) twice overhead near Howell and Brighton.

17. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

What, you don't remember the Z24 3.1L FI V-6 Sports Cavalier? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I recall reading in some car mag a long time ago that it was one of the "pocket rockets" of it's time.