Glock Talk banner

I’m about to eat some serious crow :):)

4321 Views 50 Replies 34 Participants Last post by  Tree-Fiddy
No sense in hiding from it. I started this thread recently:

Ruger SR1911 Koenig Competition?

Well, I just picked one up. It’s a like new Ruger Koenig Competition 9mm 1911 from the Ruger “Custom Shop”. ;)

I bought this pistol for a few reasons…

First, I got it barely fired with some extra magazines for $1650 OTD.

Second, since I now own the older S&W Performance Center Koenig model, I wanted both.

Third, because it’s built with superior parts. Do I believe all the Ruger Custom Shop gimmicks? No I don’t. However, I know Doug Koenig is local to my area and loves EGW parts. Like the S&W version, this pistol contains several of them. It also has a C&S disconnector and sear spring.

Lastly, I think it looks cool and they seem to be nearly impossible to find (not even any on GB at the time of this writing). When one happened to show up at my favorite LGS, I decided to go for it. So anyway, the trigger is very nice and after shooting it yesterday, it was easily worth the money. Its an awesome 9mm blaster and will be a lot of fun, but yes, definitely some crow eating to do first. :oops:

Obviously I got a nice deal and would never pay anything close to the MSRP on this pistol, which is $2699 or even the likely $2200-$2300 selling price in stores. I’m happy with like new at $1650 OTD with some extras. :cool:

Not sure if anyone has this model, but if so, what do you think? I will say it’s nothing like any other Ruger SR1911 I’ve ever owned, handled or even seen. This is the fully loaded 9mm model. It was also available in 45ACP, but came without the magwell or the Hogue Piranha grips. As you can see, the gun comes in a very heavy duty case, which I love.

As always, please enjoy the pics and share your thoughts.

Thanks! :D

Here it is with my S&W Performance Center Koenig 1911...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
4,755 Posts
It's funny seeing people knock it because it is a Ruger. With their engineering expertise and manufacturing capabilities I have no doubt Ruger could build firearms that rival anything out there if they choose to do so. I'd venture a guess that bac will be very impressed with the performance of his new Ruger when he takes it to the range.

· Registered
267 Posts
Very nice. I would probably have done the same. I have the Ruger 9mm FS Taget model. Great shooter

· Registered
4,004 Posts
I wonder how much different the internals are on the “non Koenig” custom shop 10mm I picked up a couple months ago. I think the MSRP on that one is under $2000.

· Banned
8,859 Posts
It's funny seeing people knock it because it is a Ruger. With their engineering expertise and manufacturing capabilities I have no doubt Ruger could build firearms that rival anything out there if they choose to do so. I'd venture a guess that bac will be very impressed with the performance of his new Ruger when he takes it to the range.
Ruger gets to be where it is because it knows its market. They’re business smart.

· Registered
11,579 Posts
Very nice, sir. If you soon tire of it, I’ll give you tree fiddy. Enjoy your cool addition.

Reactions: SGT Fennell
1 - 20 of 51 Posts