I’ll Propose ‘Pathway To Citizenship’ For 11M Illegal Immigrants ‘Within 100 Days’

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by cbetts1, Oct 23, 2020.

1. cbetts1

cbetts1

Biden stated this last night, 10-2-20 at the last debate. Not talked about too much but it's a big deal. With the actual number of illegals plus chain migration, that could easily be 40+ million people to add to the healthcare roster. How does Biden plan on paying for that?

“The fact is I’ve made it very clear within 100 days, I’m going to send to the United States Congress a pathway to citizenship for over 11 million undocumented people,” Biden said in Thursday’s debate with President Donald Trump.

Back in 2018 a Yale-MIT study estimated the amount of illegal immigrants to be almost double the figure used by politicians.

The U.S. government and most groups put the number of undocumented immigrants at around 11 million to 12 million, but researchers from Yale and MIT give a “conservative” number of 16. 7 million in 2016 and an average of 22 million, according to Yale Insights.

Bloomberg reported the study could validate claims made by President Trump that the real number on undocumented immigrants in the country is as high as 30 million and could offer ammunition for the president and immigration critics to take a harder stance on the issue.

Researchers used data on deportations, border apprehensions and visa overstays along with death rates and immigration rates to arrive at their conclusion. The estimate is based on data from 1990 to 2016.

“There’s a number that everybody quotes," Feinstein said, "but when you actually dig down and say, ‘What is it based on?,’ you find it’s based on one very specific survey and possibly an approach that has some difficulties. So we went in and just took a very different approach.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/number-o...us-may-be-twice-whats-reported-yale-mit-study

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...bles-estimates-of-u-s-undocumented-immigrants

https://thehill.com/latino/407848-y...-not-11-million-undocumented-immigrants-in-us

n2g likes this.
  2. G19Cfan

G19Cfan

After pissing off and discarding a significant chunk of their constiuency, the Democrats need a new influx of voters you pay for to gain one-party domination of this country.

aircarver, cbetts1 and robhic like this.

3. Zugzwang

Zugzwang

If elected Biden and his immigration policy could easily be the straw the breaks the camels back as they say!

IvanVic, aircarver, B C and 4 others like this.
  4. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

My grandfather joined the Army and fought in Korea to earn his citizenship. If they want to come here, join the military, and EARN their citizenship, then I have no problem with that.

5. bdcochran

bdcochran

1. 47 years in the political arena.
    2. millions in campaign contributions.
    3. some of the best minds in the country as advisors.
    Yet, he has no proposal to present on a pathway to citizenship.

Packing the Court response.
    1. he will choose a bipartisan committee.
    2. there is something wrong with the way judges are chosen today.
    Yet, he has no proposal.

Boundertom, cbetts1 and Jade Falcon like this.
  6. Deltic

Deltic

All they have to do is take the path going back to where they came from and they will be citizens in their own country. :dancingbanana::dancingbanana::dancingbanana:

7. CaptJim

CaptJim Lifetime Member

The government's lackadaisical stance on immigration during previous administrations has resulted in a huge monetary and ethical problem.
    Yes there are many who were brought here by parents and coyotes illegally at a young age and have grown up here.
    if these folks are law abiding and want to work, become citizens and assimilate into our system they should be given the opportunity. But no free "stuff".

Those who came illegally as adults have no right to stay and should be deported.

A friend of mine who is second generation Mexican whose parents brought her here in the 60's feels as I do. Her parents learned english, became citizens and are a credit to our community.

That said, the immigration process needs to be updated to expedite all the processes toward citizenship. Don't allow folks to come here seeking "asylum", assign a court date that is months or more away and then let them go and expect them to return as scheduled. Doing this, we get a fair percentage of criminals and those who want to game the system.

There is no easy answer for those already here, but we can damn sure do a better job of managing immigration (legal and illegal) in the days to come.
    CJ

8. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

There is a path. First from your home country ASK. IMO every illegal is a criminal. IIRC in 84? They offered a “one time amnesty” now its expected every few yrs.
    I illegally go to any country. I wouldn’t get treated like they do here. Ship every illegal back. (IMO blacklist them from even visiting ever again). You do it legal? WELCOME. You break into my house? (Country) expect to be kicked out.

cbetts1 likes this.
  9. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry....

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

--Teddy Roosevelt

CaptJim likes this.
  10. B C

B C

This country is over if Biden wins. Simple as that. Not even joking.

11. bdcochran

bdcochran

Teddy was not fully correct. This country has the most spoken languages - over 540. Three languages are spoken in my home.

12. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

To go immediately on the existing taxpayers' bill ... :steamed:

13. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

Who .. is .. John .. Galt ?

14. IvanVic

IvanVic

There will of course never be another Republican president if we lose the senate and White House. They’ll amnesty 22 million people. 2016 was decided by 70,000 votes.

cbetts1, B C, n2g and 1 other person like this.
  15. Glock-O-Rican

Glock-O-Rican

I have a great path, let ICE DEPOT all illegles to their home Country, let them return legally, by standing in line, paying fees, and passing a criminal record check. Then if they have need skills in the U.S.A. They maybe great GREEN CARD.

Right now I consider ALL ILEAGES to have TRESPASSED IN TO THE USA, a Crimnial Act.

Think this is mean, I suggest you try and hop the fence at Disneyland, California Adventure, Epcot, or any Disney Property. Trust me Security will not welcome you, with FAST PASSES, FREE FOOD VOCHERS, GIGT SHOP VOUCHER FOR MICKEY EARS with your NAME EMBROADED, and any V.I.P. Treatment. You will be turn over to local Law Dog, ad Charged with Crime, and be BARRED FROM ANY DISNEY PROPERTY IN THE WORLD.

16. irish_ironsight

irish_ironsight

When Trump wins again, I think I will apply for my Citizenship. It would be nice to become a citizen with Donald in the White House.

Anyone here care of a legal alien changes his status to U.S citizen ?