Hyve +2 glock 43 copy

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by greyling22, Oct 15, 2018.

1. greyling22

greyling22

did you know china is copying taran and hyve mag extensions? I thought I would give a hyve copy a try.

I have never handled the Hyve extension, which this is a copy of, but I cannot imagine it being any better. The extension has immaculate machining, blemish free anodizing, installed easily and has worked perfectly on my glock 43. Slide has locked back every magazine and there have been no misfeeds.

I'm skeptical that this is type 3 anodizing though. It has a kind of cheaper feel to it. And it is a little slick. I am going to apply some grip tape to give me a more secure grip. Other than that, perfect. and 1/3 the price of the real thing. I am super happy. I am also happy that they aren't putting a logo on it. I don't so much mind a copy, but I'm not a fan of a straight up counterfeit.

B C likes this.
  2. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

A link or pics would help us better understand your post.

UNIT 6639 and B C like this.

3. greyling22

greyling22

4. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

I purchased a +2 clone off EBay for my G26. Worked fine. It is a back up now since I went to the Xgrip and G19 mag for the G26. It was less than half the price of a Hyve.

I like Hyve and have bought a couple but in all honesty they're way overpriced. A Tango Down +2 is half the price and comes with a spring. The Hyve doesn't even come with a spring.

I looked at the link and they have them even cheaper. Saw a +1 for $6 and change plus a buck and a half shipping. Let's say $8 total and a three week wait. Or spend $33 and a few days wait for a Hyve. For all I know there both made in the same factory in China. Figuring I could get 4 from China for the same cost as 1 here...