close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hydration question

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by nam02G, Jul 19, 2006.

1. nam02G

nam02G First throwing ax bullseye.

Ok guys, I've got a question about hydration. You hear over and over that you're supposed to drink X amount of water a day. Part of the problem that I have with doing this is I actually find it difficult to swallow things that have not taste. Things like filtered water for instance. Today I decided to do a little experiment. At my work we have these drink stations all over with coffee and such. Well they have these little Crystal Light packets and even hot cider packets. I generally drink water from a 32 oz Nalgene bottle that I keep at my desk. My first try was with the cider mix, one packet in 16 oz water. Went down pretty well but still a little too strong. I just wanted a hint of flaver. Second try was with one of the Crystal Light packets, one packet to a full 32 oz water. It gives just enough flavor to help me swallow. The thing I'm wondering about is will this help keep my hydrated or is there enough citric acid in this stuff to promote excessive urination. What do you guys think?

2. podwich

podwich

You get more hydration than if you weren't drinking anything. You get less than if you were drinking plain water.

I'd go for it, especially if you're able to keep it rather dilute.