close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hybrid holster for JFRAME.. any thoughts??

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by MarccraM, Mar 7, 2010.

1. MarccraM

MarccraM

I am thinking about getting a hybrid (kydex) holster iwb for my mp340 BUT I'm really SCARED that the kydex will destroy the finish??? Anyone have any experience with this?

I currently have a sideguard iwb holster for this gun but it is not comfortable.. I don't know if its the holster or if jframes in general are not ok for iwb?

I'm not looking for this jframe to be a pocket gun but I am wondering if the cylinder is just not really conducive to iwb carry?

I see the crossbreed and kholster make jframe hybrid holsters.... Any thoughts????

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  2. mickdundie

mickdundie

Some on GT will tell you a gun is a tool, scratches happen, It's not meant to stay perfect, etc...

I spent over $500 on my Sig P238 w/natural stainless slide and I try to keep my investment looking nice, at least for a while. You may want to sell it someday!

I bought a CrossBreed OWB Hybrid holster. It is made of Kydex and leather. The holster was OK as holsters go, but I did notice it was scratching the slide. So to answer your question 'YES' it definitely can work on the finish.

Mick:thumbsup:

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

I have a Tucker Silent thunder for my 642. Think leather lined kydex.
    It's outstanding!

4. MarccraM

MarccraM

Many thanks for this post... The leather lined kydex you referenced looks like it may just be what I am looking for.. and I wouldnt have known to look there.

Great advice! :thumbsup:

5. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Holster Maker

Both leather and kydex will wear the finish on your gun. If you are really worried about scratching it, leave it in the safe.

6. MarccraM

MarccraM

Im not worried about some wear, however the finish on an mp340 is not like that of a glock.. so 'leather wear' I can deal with.. Heavy scratching of kydex directly on it wouldnt be too great though.

Your custom jframe IWB holsters look pretty sweet too :)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010