Hurricane victims can be morons.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by NDcent, Sep 14, 2018.

1. NDcent

NDcent Socially Inept

If you aren't prepared to stay in your house with 3 to 6 feet of water, then get the hell out. You're not special, you shouldn't waste resources being rescued for stupid decisions. It's not like this doesn't happen very often.

/rant off.

Atomic Punk, gatorboy, F14A and 18 others like this.
  2. FireMedic-50

FireMedic-50 Silver Member

I work in Emergency Services, nothing pisses me off more than people who 'won't' help themselves.
    Self rescue or be a statistic, everyone 'should' be responsible for themselves

ALL responders are put at risk continually over this BS

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Atomic Punk, Resqu2, janice6 and 21 others like this.

3. diamondd2

diamondd2

I agree . They shouldn't be rescued. They had plenty of notice to get out, no excuses. Let the arrogant aholes save themselves.

Atomic Punk, Zonny, janice6 and 8 others like this.
  4. jconn465

jconn465

“Humanity “ a never ending source of Entertainment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UH Go Bows, Alchemy, janice6 and 5 others like this.
  5. P99er

P99er GT Ombudsman

"but....but.....but..... the government will take care of us, that's what it is there for."

6. VCoupe376ci

VCoupe376ci

Evacuation and flood zones are marked as such for good reason. If you’re in one and a major storm is going to make landfall, GTFO. First responders should not be put at risk because some people are too stupid to follow simple directions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

janice6, DrVlad, FireMedic-50 and 4 others like this.
  7. crazyasian1

crazyasian1

Agreed! Heard that on the news this morning, they were "trapped" in their attic with chest high-water on the ground floor, her cell phone was dead so she was using her granddaughter's to talk to CNN. Really?!? You were only trapped by your own stupidity. You were told to GTFO, you thought you knew better, now deal with the consequences of your ill-informed decisions. Now good men and women and valuable resources have to be put at risk to save your sorry a$$. They wanted to ride it out? Well ride it the [email protected]$# out, it's only half over!

janice6, Jay S., DrVlad and 8 others like this.
  8. Wishoot

Wishoot

Talking to CNN only makes her a bigger idiot. I'm sure CNN blamed this women's stupidity on Trump somehow.

9. Tickhill

Tickhill Eternity: Smoking or Non-Smoking

Natural selection
    Noah told them it was gonna rain, how many prepared???

10. Kingfish1

Kingfish1

Agreed!

11. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

Agree 100% with everything on this thread. Often ppl are afraid to call a spade a spade when it comes to these “victims.”

Alchemy, janice6, DrVlad and 6 others like this.
  12. powernoodle

powernoodle

This is the natural and foreseeable result of a culture where more than 70% of children are born out of wedlock. With a physically or emotionally absent sperm donor, who will tell these people to come in out of the rain? This culture of stupidity is not only allowed, but encouraged by political elites who seek to foster a perpetual underclass that can be manipulated and controlled - and whose votes can be counted on.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  13. The_Dan

The_Dan The underscore is silent

I think there needs to be a change in the legal definition of a “mandatory evacuation” order. It should mean that once given, state, county, city or federal employees will NOT be authorized to risk their lives to save yours. You are free to disobey the legal mandatory evacuation order...but you are free and on your own.

I think it was the mayor of Galveston who laid it out during a press conference and told residents that nobody will be coming to save you if you don’t take this opportunity to evacuate and save yourself. It made the news, many called him heartless, but that’s the way it needs to happen.

nightnurse, KWalrad, jk_226 and 16 others like this.
  14. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

Does anybody really think this will help with a 15 - 20 foot storm surge? :crazy:

sandbag.jpg

15. Dave514

Dave514

Multiple people rescued, 150 awaiting help as floodwaters rise in New Bern area
    Sept. 14--NEW BERN -- Despite a mandatory evacuation ordered Tuesday, Craven County emergency crews reported rescuing multiple residents from Hurricane Florence floodwaters through the early morning Friday.
    New Bern officials reported on Twitter that about 150 people were waiting to be rescued, and two Federal Emergency Management Agency teams were in the area.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/m...e-in-new-bern-area/ar-BBNjx7u?ocid=spartanntp

That storm musta really snuck up on them. :rolleyes:

I feel for people who can't leave for one reason or another but the overwhelming majority of these tards are just plain morons.

janice6, FireMedic-50, Deltic and 2 others like this.
  16. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

Basically said the same thing here when they were trying to evacuate Daytona Beach during Irma. Chief Chitwood , later Sheriff , said,

" If you are not off the beach when the bridges close; NO ONE, Fire, Sheriff, Police or EMS, is coming to get you until after the bridges reopen again."

FireMedic-50, beaversgs and Dr. Bill like this.
  17. Tvov

Tvov

They've had more than a WEEK of warnings.

Reminds me of Hurricane Irene here in Connecticut... we had almost two weeks of warning, and the day after the hurricane we (fire department) were going out to get people trapped in their houses. A few days later, people had no food because it all spoiled in their frigs and freezers, and had no water because they were on wells.

YES, we went around helping people. Even the idiots. One old lady who was on oxygen was found 3 days later with her son and uncle trapped in their beach house, out of oxygen. None of them had a working phone. They were found only because the building inspector was going around condemning the heavily damaged beach houses. The lady was out of oxygen, but did survive.

Then I went home to my generator-powered frig and well pump and had dinner. And I had plenty of fuel stocked up for my generator (or truck, if I needed it).

janice6 likes this.
  18. NDcent

NDcent Socially Inept

Exactly, there are plenty of elderly, disabled, and housed for care patients that may/will need help. Vehicles stranded or swept away. Utility damages that needs to be found and stabilized until proper personnel are on scene. But rescuing Clem and Dora Dumbass, along with their kids and animals, could be avoided with an ounce of common sense. :crazy: :fist:

janice6 and Dave514 like this.
  19. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Friends Call Me "Flash"

Having survived many hurricanes, I can't fault people who underestimate the force of these storms. I passed through the Bolivar Peninsula after Hurricane Ike and saw entire communities of homes wiped off the map. No person has the ability to foresee that kind of devastation!

What gripes me is that many people choose to rebuild after being flooded out of their homes only to have the flooded homes drenched again and again. Sorry, that's not reasonable! Communities must decline to issue building permits and buy those properties out!

Flash

20. Dave514

Dave514

I beg to differ. We've seen footage of that kind of devastation many times. Hurricane Andrew in 1992 should be all you need to know about to take the warnings seriously.

hurricane_andrew_fema_2563.jpg

If that were the case then the whole state of Florida, all of the eastern seaboard and SE Texas should not have any homes. This is why people have insurance and their premiums are high. People rebuild after tornadoes too, even though they live in high risk areas.

For the record, I evacuated for Hurricane Ivan in '04.

bgirls, pag23 and Bruce M like this.