close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Huntington Beach (SC) Camping

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by S.C.Glocker, Oct 19, 2002.

1. S.C.Glocker

S.C.Glocker

Thinking about camping next weekend at the state park. Last time I tried, campground was full. Anybody know how busy it normally is this time of year. thx.

2. Hucklebarry

Hucklebarry Native

3. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Are you talking about the state park right there where 17 bypass and the strip meet (across from the air base)? Or, are you talking about Huntington Beach state park just north of Pawley's Island?

Either way, call ahead. Check to see how packed they are. I wouldn't guess they would be too busy considering summer is over and the kids are back in school, but ya never know.

4. shrpshtr

shrpshtr

both stay pretty busy this time of year actually. both are also mainly geared towards RV's. that is the only thing i don't like about them. there are a bunch of state parks in SC that are great. i don't know where in SC you are from but Dreher Island is really nice. you can check most of them out at http://www.discoversouthcarolina.com/sp.asp . hope this helps...

5. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

The summer crowds are now long gone. Edisto State Park has "tents only" sites right next to the dunes, if that's your fave.

I love camping this time of year. If it's not cool enough to wear a jacket, then it's too hot to go camping.

Got me a new tent, too...a Eureka! Tetragon 10 from Camp-Mor.com

6. S.C.Glocker

S.C.Glocker

Thanks for the tips guys. Made a drive thru at Huntington Beach, great park but you're right, need RV. Went on up 17 to Myrtle Beach SP. Wanted to stay in overflow area but they had it closed. Did find loop 6 way in the back away from everything. If you like tent camping recommend you look at it, some of the sites can even be reserved but didn't need to this time of year. Turned out to be a good trip. I think my next trips will be to Edisto Island, then Hunting Island. Maybe we all need a GT camping get together next spring.