Glock Talk banner

Hunting Suppressor?

416 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Mayhem like Me
So I have several rifles I routinely hunt with and am leaning towards purchasing a hunting suppressor that I can interchange on rifles in 6mm/.243 all the way up to a .300 Weatherby. Though most of the time it will sit on my .270 Winchester.

These will all be direct thread applications on bolt action rifles No muzzle devices or special adaptors. Its not something I will take on and off a lot.

My parameters are first and foremost weight. Then size. I want it to be as small and reasonably light as possible.

I don't need tactical, high volume, semi-auto rated, cans. I have two of those already. Again, this is for hunting...three shots max...LOL

Was wondering if any of you have any actual experience with these types of suppressors and if so what is your feedback? What brand/model have you actually used? If you don't have any experience I'm not interested.

Thank you in advance!
Reactions: MarkCO
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Super Moderator
9,193 Posts
I have several and I have sold off, for the rifles, all except the Thunderbeast. I have a 30P and they will be manufacturing the Ultra 5 I won at a match in about October. An Ultra 5 or 7, for a hunting rifle, can't be beat. You are going to get a ton of answers, and I will guarantee you that those who have various brands and are serious about precision who have shot a Thunderbeast will say the same thing. Not part of them, not sponsored by them, but they are good folks who support the 2A and the shooting sports. That they make the best precision suppressors is great too.

Reactions: Mountain10mm

· NRA Life Member
13,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mark,

Very nice reply and I've never heard of Thunderbeast before--probably because the nearest dealer is more than 100 miles from my home. I was looking at a Titanium Dead Air Nomad today...titanium can like the Ultra5 and saw the the Ultra 5 is only 6 ounces while the Nomad was 9 ounces.

I'm guessing both are fully welded cans...I saw the Thunderbeast can be used either with an adaptor or direct thread. For simplicities sake I'm sticking with direct thread. With a bolt gun who really cares anyhow.

Any comment about the Dead Air vs the Thunderbeast?

· Semper Paratus
31,451 Posts

· Semper Paratus
31,451 Posts
Mark,

Very nice reply and I've never heard of Thunderbeast before--probably because the nearest dealer is more than 100 miles from my home. I was looking at a Titanium Dead Air Nomad today...titanium can like the Ultra5 and saw the the Ultra 5 is only 6 ounces while the Nomad was 9 ounces.

I'm guessing both are fully welded cans...I saw the Thunderbeast can be used either with an adaptor or direct thread. For simplicities sake I'm sticking with direct thread. With a bolt gun who really cares anyhow.

Any comment about the Dead Air vs the Thunderbeast?
Dead Air makes nothing its a marketing company KGM Technologies makes all their stuff. look at their stuff if you like Dead air. KGM Technologies - KGM Technologies

1 - 6 of 6 Posts