close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hunting in southern CA?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Hal9mm, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Hal9mm

Hal9mm

I hear people taking about hunting at the sporting good stores, what do people hunt in SO cal? or do most just go other places?

2. ClonaKilty

ClonaKilty

There was another thread on GNG about this. I'm from Nor Cal but I hear in So Cal there is deer, boar and apparently mountain sheep hunting. San Berdoo county appears to have good prospects. I also think there is some duck hunting. Wilderness Unilimited has some hunting land there but the majority are up by me.

I understand this year though the blacktail herd in So Cal was way down because of the drought.

3. SSC

SSC

Hal,

So Cal offers many hunting experiences. But, what do you consider So Cal? We have deer, quail, dove and good black bear hunting. Hog hunting is great, but you must travel north towards Santa Maria and above. Water foul is abundant as are varmits and small game. The sheep are by drawing and very limited as are the tule elk hunts. Tule elk are usually found in what I consider central Ca and further north. We do have elk on Santa Rosa Island. Catalina has pig, deer and some goat and of course Buffalo.(not for hunting)

I still like Colorado for mule deer and elk. King City is great for pig hunting.

Regards, SSC