close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hunting in Arizona

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by EZFLY80, Jun 2, 2007.

1. EZFLY80

EZFLY80

Im in arizona and would like to try and do some hunting while im here. I dont know the area well yet and am obviously not a state resident. I dont mind what I hunt, ide like to hunt large game but i know im missing out on a lot of game because of season, small game or predetors would be better than nothing though. Any information on what I may need to do or if I can hunt at all while im here would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

2. BuckeyePPC

BuckeyePPC

Unfortunately you'll probably need a non resident hunting license. Check out this site for more information on the questions you asked http://www.gf.state.az.us/ . There's no season on rabbits, coyotes, foxes, rock or ground squirrels and some others so you can hunt those anytime. Be careful you know the difference between all the different types of land here, state lease, BML, reservation, military, private, public, national forest and park. They kinda mingle together in some places and you have to be careful you're in the right place to hunt. Don't know what you can shoot on the fort.

Not too far from you is a large shooting range called the Sierra Vista Shooting Range. Head out the exit leading into Sierra Vista and go straight until you are almost to hiway 80 leading to Tombstone and Bisbee. About 2.5 miles from there look to the south for a couple of red flags and follow that dirt road for a couple of miles. It's a 500 yard range that's pretty cheap for military.