close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hunting Ear Protection

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by uccp, Nov 2, 2003.

1. uccp

uccp

Has anybody had experience with the different brands of electronic earplugs that are made for hunting? There is the Walker's Game Ear and some other types. They are all so damn expensive that I want to know if they work before I buy one.

2. Dan

Dan

I have looked at these also. There is a guy on Ebay that sells "Woodland Whisper" like the Walkers but a lot cheaper. I emailed him before if there are as good as the Walkers. He told me if I was not satisfied he refund my money. I read his "feedback reviews" and seems everybody likes them. Im going to try them, cant loose either way.

3. uccp

uccp

Careful with that. Woodland Whisper makes 2 models. One is just a hearing enhancer that does not block loud noises, the other offers "audio compression" but they don't list a noise reduction rating on their website.

4. mpol777

mpol777 Feral Member

I have a pair of Peltor's Tactical 6 model. I really like them. They are quite comfortable and work well. I think I paid around $125 for them. Hunting or at the range, the electronic muffs are definately the way to go.

I've never tried them, but there's been a lot of good things said about Pro Ears as well.

5. glockster96

glockster96 Moderator Lifetime Member

I also have a pair of the Peltor Tac 6's and they work well.

You might try these: Peltor Ear Plugs I use these when I'm shooting 3 gun. They allow you to hear range commands, but still protect your hearing. They are great when an ear-muff is too bulky.