close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hunter model mount

Discussion in 'B&B Enterprises' started by JohnTz, Feb 4, 2010.

1. JohnTz

JohnTz

Hi Guys . I just purchased a G34 and I was planning on putting a hunter model mount on it with the Cmore. I have few questions for the collective:

1) Is there any work that has to be done with the ejection port for the hunter model? I know one must lower the port for the competition model but its seems not the hunter. Is that correct?

2) Will the hunter model clear the stock adjustible sites of the g34? I would like to leave them on so I have a choice when I do not want to use the red dot.

3) Has the mount cause any running problems with the Glocks? Is there any other tuning required to get reliable running specifically on the G34.

Thanks for your thoughts!

John

2. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Hello John,

Thank you for your inquiry!!

In response to your questions:

1) Is there any work that has to be done with the ejection port for the hunter model? I know one must lower the port for the competition model but its seems not the hunter. Is that correct?
    Reply: The reason for lowering the ejection port on any handgun, regardless of the model, is to allow enough room for the ejected brass to exit from the ejection port. Our Hunter model sits 1/4" higher above the top of the slide than our Competition model. The additional height allows more room for the brass to eject from the ejection port. Whenever brass is ejected from a Glock, it goes "up" and then to the "right" as you can see from the angle of the ejection port on the inside of the slide. We do recommend that you use a lighter recoil spring on a G34 when using our mounting system to allow a faster slide to expend more force on the brass when it's ejected. If you are using a stock spring, shooting factory ammo, you may want to switch to a 12lb spring.

2) Will the hunter model clear the stock adjustible sites of the g34? I would like to leave them on so I have a choice when I do not want to use the red dot.
    Yes, the mount will clear the sights. Designing a mount that would allow you to keep your stock or after market sights on the slide was the purpose of the Hunter model.

3) Has the mount cause any running problems with the Glocks? Is there any other tuning required to get reliable running specifically on the G34.
    The mount has not caused any running problems with any of the Glocks: no damage to the frame, slide or internal parts. The only tuning that we recommend is the adjustment of the recoil spring. Whenever you use any mounting system, you want to achieve the "fastest" slide speed possible to expend as much energy possible upon the brass exiting, to make sure that if the brass hits the side of the slide or the bottom of your mount, the more energy the brass has, the quicker it will exit. We offer an "extended ejector" that will improve ejection if problems are present. We have found that most Glocks have different tolerances inside so the amount of relief for the functioning of the brass ejection does vary but is not extreme.

We appreciate your using this source provided by Glocktalk for its sponsors. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to let us know. You are welcome to inquire here on this forum or you can email us at carvermounts@msn.com or call us at 904-260-9024.

Thank you for considering our products and utilizing our Customer Service.

3. JohnTz

JohnTz

Mr Carver thank you for the response. You have answered all my questions. Just one more :)

Does using the lighter recoil spring beat up the slide? I am using American Eagle 124grain FMJ for all of my practice rounds. Has there been any accelerated wear do to the lighter spring?

4. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

John,

We have found no additional wear from using a lighter spring with factory loads (124 grain). If you were using +P loads, you would want to use a heavier spring. We recommend that you test the springs to get the right spring tension and ejection for your load and gun. Your spring, regardless of spring weight serves as a buffer for the slide when it recoils, preventing unnecessary ramming against the receiver.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Regards,
    Bobby