close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Human Deramax?

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by HollowHead, May 22, 2006.

1. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Human Deramax?
    Just switched to Deramax from Rimadal (which caused constipation) for a 40 kilo yellow lab and results are unbelievable. In fact, after two weeks we halved the per diem dose and he's still improving. Is there a human equivalent of this stuff? Wow!

2. Rylos1

Rylos1 NRA Endowment CLM

We've been using Deramax on my Great Pyrenees for cancer to reduce the pain and inflamation. I believe that Vioxx is in the same family of drug as Deramax. Deramax is also showing a lot of the same problems in dogs as Vioxx did in humans. But our girl only has a couple of months at best, so who cares what it may do to her.

3. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Thanks! That's what I was looking for. If I remember correctly, Vioxx was pulled because the maker withheld test results indicating that something like 1 in 100,000 users could suffer an MI, not the fact that 1 in 100,000 users suffered an MI. Seems like great odds to me. Are there side effects in dogs not presented in humans. Thanks.

4. Rylos1

Rylos1 NRA Endowment CLM

Nope, it's pretty much the same for human and dog.