close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Huh?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Z71, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Z71

Z71

So I'm thinking I'll rob a baseplate off one of my Glock 17 factory mags... and stick on my new/used G19 pistol's mag in place of the +2 extension that came with that particular mag. Should work fine.

I get the baseplates swapped out and go to try the now 15 shot G19 mag into the gun....however it's a no-go!! lacks quite a bit of getting to the mag-latch and locking in.

I get to looking at my two G19 mags...and the one with the +2 baseplate is an old original NFML 'U' notch mag....it's tube is somewhat shorter than my other G19 mag..which is a FML newer gen magazine(same as all my G17 mags).

The standard baseplates from my G17 mags and later gen G19 mag won't interchange with the older gen magazines....but the +2 baseplate is tapered enough it will work with the NFML style mag.....Interesting!

I googled for some information...and the old mags have a totaly different part number for baseplates.

I also noted that the online stores show a liner piece that goes with the +2 baseplate.....I ain't got that part under my +2 plate.

Am I missing a piece needed for my old G19 mag's +2 kit?

2. voyager4520

voyager4520

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012

3. Z71

Z71

Eh...The more I look at this old NFML mag...the more I think it needs replaced with a new fully lined one.

You can load eight or ten rounds in it..and the feed lips start to bulge open.

4. voyager4520

voyager4520

That's a pre-ban magazine, I wouldn't throw it away. Some people in states that have magazine capacity limitations are allowed to buy pre-ban standard capacity magazines from out of state, and they may want that magazine.

5. Z71

Z71

Oh I'll keep it. I just don't trust it.

It appears that I can order parts for the old style mag. I may order a proper baseplate assembly for it and use it as a range mag.

6. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Is there a hole in the bottom of the +2?

If not, you don't want to put a retainer in it.....early Glock plus two's did not use a retainer, and neither did early aftermarket models, nor do Chinese copies.

Also, you are quite correct, floorplates do not interchange between FML and NFML mags!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]