Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Raven
12,747 Posts
Yeah, I got that spam this morning. Now the NRA is concerned about the immigration problem, huh?

They should just rename themselves the National Republican Association.

·
Scouts Out
23,815 Posts
Yeah, I got that spam this morning. Now the NRA is concerned about the immigration problem, huh?

You're stretching your hatred of them a bit.

The NRA is primarily concerned about the right to keep and bear arms. Other issues are only commented upon in that context.

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,547 Posts
Well Brady Inc could just rename their web site DNC_GUN_CONTROL.com and it would be more truthful. . .

·
Master Member
7,562 Posts

Perhaps you should actually read it.

·
JAFO
14,056 Posts

·
Cajunator®
38,164 Posts
The problem, as I see it, is that the media knows about what's happening on our southern border, yet they don't report much on it.

Things like this need to be spread around, to let the people know.

It's obvious why NRA is on this, because they're trying to use this as an excuse to take guns away from Americans. The cartels know exactly what they're doing, and they'd love to see Americans disarmed so they can run even more rampant in the American Southwest.

·
Enslaved in IL
5,775 Posts

Are you incapable of seeing the connection between the RKBA and Mexico?

·
Master Member
7,562 Posts
Its a video, you watch it. And I did watch it.
What I thought you should read in order to answer your question: said:
A tidal wave of violence in Mexico spills over our border, washing through our country. Criminal aliens shoot Arizona rancher and NRA Life member Robert Krentz in cold blood. All while the anti-gunners in Washington blame Mexican corruption on American gun owners — trying to take your guns rather than take back the border. And when they threaten our guns, they make it our fight.
That.

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
One thing that would help is for a bunch of Americans to pull there head out of their ass and get off the damn dope:supergrin:

·
Registered
30,883 Posts
One thing that would help is for a bunch of Americans to pull there head out of their ass and get off the damn dope:supergrin:
Simple truth my friend. But not easy.

·
Banned
62,270 Posts

The NRA endorsed Harry Reid and ran a fluff piece about him in one of their mags.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
The NRA endorsed Harry Reid and ran a fluff piece about him in one of their mags.
And they were crucified over it, both Cox and La Pierre...

I don't agree with everything they do but they are the largest lobbying group we have.

The people that complain about the NRA but claim they care about the Second Ammendment damn well better be supporting other pro-gun organizations at the national, state and local levels. Otherwise they need to shut the F up and get out of the way because they have become part of the problem, not the solution.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I'll agree that the NRA has backed some undeserving candidates because they have the smallest record of voting pro-2A, but they do much more good for our rights. Look at Washington DC, Chicago, and nearly nationwide CCW thanks to the NRA's support.

The "border situation" may seem unrelated to gun rights but when it's being used to try to take guns away from law-abiding citizens, I'm glad the NRA is getting involved.

The interviews with cartel members confirmed what I already knew, the majority of cartel weapons come from the Mexico military and the international black market. It's pretty obvious that you're not going to walk into a gun store in the US and buy grenades, grenade launchers, RPG's etc. In a strange way the anti-gun politicians are right though, a decent amount of cartel weapons DO come from the US in a roundabout way. Our government sells weapons to Central and South American militaries and law enforcement, which are then sold to/stolen by the cartels.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts