HTML help

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Reagan40, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Reagan40

Reagan40

I made a web site with wordpress a few months ago. It was pretty easy, with minimal html knowledge required. It uses templates, and I have had luck altering the template to my needs by figuring out the code. I needed to add some text to the footer today. The footer has a gray background. I want the text to be black. I put the code below in to the program. I went to the page, and it appeared there was no text. Then I left clicked and drug my mouse over the area where the text should be, and it highlighted the text. So it seems as though my text is using the same background color. Is there an easy way to add some code to make the text black? Below is what I am using.

<font size= "1"> Paid for by the Committee for XXXXXX's XXXXX<br>
    Candidate information shown authorized by candidate or candidate committee<br>
    Contributions to XXXX are not deductible as charitable contributions
    for federal, state or local income tax purposes.</font>

2. hardlined

hardlined 10mm Addict

I'm a little rusty but I think you can just change it to <font color="black" size="1"> It's nice the most "correct" way to do it, but should work.

3. bm1974

bm1974

<font size= "1" color="#000000"> Paid for by the Committee for XXXXXX's XXXXX<br>
    Candidate information shown authorized by candidate or candidate committee<br>
    Contributions to XXXX are not deductible as charitable contributions
    for federal, state or local income tax purposes.</font>

4. Reagan40

Reagan40

Thanks for the quick reply. It worked! Now I am going to bed.