Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Displaced Hillbilly
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up, SGammo has 9mm HST 124gr in standard and +P in stock. Ain’t cheap, but they have some.

Reactions: tuica and jr24

·
Mr. Awesome
11,028 Posts
RecoilGunWorks regularly has HST and Gold Dots in 9mm and other calibers, last I checked, it was $60 for 50 rounds, plus shipping.

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
I'll wait a year or two and check back then.
Yeah, got a few boxes laying around, some Golden Saber too so that'll have to do till things settle.

Though the days of HST for < $0.50/round are probably gone for good.

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,514 Posts
A fairly small gunshop just across the Gov. Harry Nice Bridge (Potomac River), in King George, VA, had (the last time I was over there), 124 gr HST in stock.
They had a BUNCH of 50 round boxes......................... $90.00 per box, plus 6% tax.

Reactions: NewWaveGuy

·
NRA Life Member
65,946 Posts
If you think you need a particular hollowpoint bad enough to pay $2 a shot, you have been reading too much mall ninja BS about ammo on the internet.

·
Venor ergo sum
Gun control is about CONTROL.
4,118 Posts
Wow! If I told you all what I paid for 50 round boxes of 124 HST a couple years back you'd call me a liar.

Reactions: NewWaveGuy

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
$2 per rd --- YIKES! That is a lot of $$$$ for a slightly bigger hole. :D

·
Man, I'm Pretty
30,349 Posts
I'll carry .45 acp ball before I carry $2 a round 9mm.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

·
Scottish Member
11,942 Posts
$2 a round. No Thanks! It can be had cheaper than that.
The first place I searched had 124 HST 50 round boxes for ~$75. Of course that doesn’t include tax and shipping.

Gold Dots were $5 less.

Reactions: IAhunter

·
Scottish Member
11,942 Posts
If you think you need a particular hollowpoint bad enough to pay $2 a shot, you have been reading too much mall ninja BS about ammo on the internet.
As best as I can tell, in the current market (mid 2021) any major brand SD pistol ammunition (in stock) is going to run $1.60 - $2.00 a round by the time shipping and taxes are paid.

Reactions: nitesit(+ an e)

·
Registered
993 Posts
I found it in stock for $60/50 rounds + shipping but no tax. And I didn't even have to look hard.

I hope SGAmmo doesn't shoot themselves in the foot with these jacked-up ammo prices once the bubble bursts?

·
Mr. Awesome
11,028 Posts
Wow! If I told you all what I paid for 50 round boxes of 124 HST a couple years back you'd call me a liar.
I‘m pretty sure I paid around $15/50 for some of my HST’s. Most them were $20-25/50, though. A few were around $30-35/50 (more recently).

Reactions: byf43

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,863 Posts
I see it's a 20 round box for $39.95. If you had no ammo, would you buy it?

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
I see it's a 20 round box for $39.95. If you had no ammo, would you buy it?
Emphatically NO! I don't think there is that big of difference between "super ammo" and ball. I used to see maybe a twenty-five cent difference - no way in hell is there a ~ $1.50 difference. If I have to, I'll live with Blazer (alum case) 115 gr. ball at ~ .35 a round.

·
Registered
25,593 Posts
I paid $29 /50 for 124 & 147 grain HST 9MM and $34/50 for 230 grain HST in 45 ACP - but that was a few years ago -

I have 450 rounds of the 9MM and 250 of the 45 ACP left in storage -

Felt like I was being mugged when I paid these prices - but don't feel so bad now.

I will use FMJ as my carry round before I pay $2 a round - well unless FMJ is going for $1.50 -

·
Supreme Member
3,829 Posts
A bunch of retailers have 9mm HST in stock. It's not cheap, but you can easily find it for well under $2 per round.

9mm HST

Reactions: O4L
1 - 20 of 35 Posts