close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How's your night at work going?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by efman, Aug 18, 2011.

1. efman

efman

Let's hear it guys how's your Thursday night on the front lines? Hope everyone is staying safe!

2. Big House

Big House Biggest member

Wednesday night, maybe?

3. efman

efman

Errrrr Thursday morning?? Lol

4. x_out86

x_out86

Mine was spent on the last day off in my 6-3 rotation. I spent my time wisely by spending time with the wife before she left for work, worked out by hitting the weights for an hour, then had a little R&R time after the sun went down courtesy of my friends Korbel and Coca-Cola.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  5. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

6. COLOSHOOTR

COLOSHOOTR

Just a little car chase no big deal.... lol Actually it was awesome! Nobody got hurt and there was not even a scratch on any of the cars involved. Then spent the rest of the night on the mountain of paperwork that came after the fun stuff.

7. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Mmmm.... I rode around aimlessly, locked mirrors with another copper, walked around aimlessly, surfed the internet, cleaned 5x guns (qualifications were yesterday morning), took one BS call, surfed the internet, put gas in the car.... that'd be my night. Off in 44 min.

8. pal2511

pal2511

Drove around. Burned up gas. Surfed the internet. Burned up some more gas. Talked to another officer via telephone. Burned up gas. Ate some left over pizza. About to go burn up some more gas.

*envious of cochese and his rifle class

9. i8547

i8547 Without Equal

My team conducted a warrant service on an "ethnic social club" with about 11 other agencies. Gave lots and lots of people quality pounding sans the lube from every law enforcement angle possible.

10. Cochese

:dancingbanana:

Sounds like my Friday!

I got an e-mail from RMGO on my phone about the class while out to lunch with the family. I spontaneously signed up for it, since it was:

A) Only $150.
    B) Only 400 rounds (which I have in my locker)
    C) On Saturday from 12-6:30 and I don't work till 9 P.M., so I don't have to burn any comp.

I mentioned it in roll call and told my Sergeant I may be a little late into work due to travel time. (It's about 70 miles one way.) She promptly signed a training request for me which picked up the tab for tuition, allocated 400 rounds from the armory and pays me my salary to attend, and gave me the night off. :faint:

:rofl:

:cheers:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  11. efman

efman

this must be what heaven is like! :wow:

12. efman

efman

seems like it was a slow night for most of cop talk, nothing wrong with that since everyone was safe! I just got home in bed which means life is good!

13. Cochese

It sure was a surprise.

I forgot to mention I'm taking a patrol car now too instead of my shaggin wagon.

:supergrin:

14. lloydchristmas

lloydchristmas 132 and Bush

LUCKY!

Just under two hours left on the friday of my 6-3 rotation. One theft complaint, one ambulance call. Just enough to keep me awake, but not generate any mass amounts of paperwork on my last day.

Taking my son to a Packer pre-season game Friday for his birthday.

15. pal2511

pal2511

I once asked to attend a SFST class for a refresher that was about 5 hours away. The class was totally free except for food and salary plus travel expenses for driving. Since I knew some people down there I could get the hotel room for free. DENIED because it cost too much.

Asked training guy last week to send me to a shooting class and it cost $120 and it was denied due to costing too much and he told me to talk to the chief. So I sent him a email. I have yet to hear from him which means DENIED.

Did I mention this June I got chewed out because I didn't have enough training hours and was threatened to be fired because of it? Love small town departments

16. BIGGUNS911

BIGGUNS911

Called on duty, drove 40 miles to get to dist I was working in, burned gas, got bs call, cleared bs call, got assault call.

During assault call made new-b mistake a followed meth head into unk house because my gut said to do it. Suspect from assault call handed person that went into house after I told them to stop something ( I vote drugs ). Third person stood in doorway and I had to push past them. Got in house and found boyfriend, person that did not stop and person that was in the way were now not happy with me, and did I say I was by my self on all of this. Promptly backed out got suspect and moved to my patrol car. Arrested suspect and turned over my card to person yelling at me that they want one because they know their rights. Booked suspect, send E-mail to Sargent telling him to expect a complaint and spent the last part of my night doing paper work. Fun times.:faint:

17. Big House

Big House Biggest member

Nice toys! Hopefully the weather cooperates.

18. Big House

Big House Biggest member

Are you sure you're not in OK? :rofl:

19. Big House

Big House Biggest member

Makes for a fast night.

20. Kahr_Glockman

Kahr_Glockman

I hate you. That is all.