close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

how's the fishing?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by el_jewapo, Apr 11, 2005.

1. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

anybody been fishing much? i've only been a couple times. havn't caught much, the weather is always bad when i go.

2. git_r_dun0405

git_r_dun0405 5FDP

Pretty darn good down South. The Crappie are biting. We caught about 75 2-3 weeks ago.

3. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

4. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

that's a nice smallmouth! i love smallmouth fishing, but the closest river with smallmouth is 4 1/2 hours away from me, so i only go once or twice a year. i fish for largemouth alot though. all i've caught when i've been this year are a few crappie. not many at all

5. f1b32oPTic

f1b32oPTic R4d104c71v3

ive been slaying some nice white bass but since the rains the water at the river mouths have become super muddy.

ive got 2 one gallon ziplocs filled with white bass fillets, one tupperware filled with catfish fillets and another tupperware filled with shad roe all encased in spring water and frozen solid. looks like more rain for us though so it may be a while before another good day

6. XD40FAN

XD40FAN

Exactly. It will be nice all week and then Saturday/Sunday morning will be cold, dark, and windy. Almost without fail. :(

7. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

yep, that's what's been going on here too. it will be easier once the days are a bit longer. i get off at 4:30 so there's plenty of time after work. i'll probably start going after work this week.

8. J.P.

J.P. Intergalactic

Nipperwolf,
    That's a damn nice brownie!

I've been fishing for Largemouth ans Spots about 4 days a week.
    Been having great success over the last month.There doesn't seem to be an 'off' time right now,in Oklahoma.I *really* need to bring the camera.
    Biggest catch this year is 6lb Largemouth and 4 3/4lb Spot.Not record breaking but I'm catching lots of quality fish.
    I'm going to plan another trip to Missouri soon to bust some more Striper and Hybrids.

9. VolFan

VolFan

Been catching quite a few rainbows in the Smokies over the last few weeks, but nothing of any real size.

I'm leaving with a group this afternoon to head your way to the Norfork/White Rivers...if any of us catch a braggin' size fish like that smallmouth, I'll be sure to post the picture!