How's that big beautiful wall coming along?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by TF2Addict, Jul 20, 2019.

1. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

Sure we do. Give him the tools, his try, and the job gets done.

Vote Trump 2020!

Intolerant, F14A and happyguy like this.
  2. durwood

durwood

By JILL COLVIN, Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump says he’s now in favor of more legal immigration because of economic gains on his watch.

Trump raised eyebrows in his State of the Union speech Tuesday when he said he wanted people “to come into our country in the largest numbers ever, but they have to come in legally.” His policy positions to date do not reflect that wish.....
    https://thefox1049.com/news/030030-trump-now-says-he-wants-more-legal-immigration/

The wall is meaningless when Trump and those whispering in his ear want more legal immigration.

3. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

I'd like to see a law that only natural born citizens can enjoy welfare benefits. anyone who immigrated...legally or illegally cannot. And that includes ER visits. I think that simple law would reduce a lot of the "leech" immigrants.

And yes, I know from a close contact that there are many Chinese immigrants who come to the USA just for the benefits. They get better healthcare for free than many on this forum.

spork likes this.
  4. VCoupe376ci

VCoupe376ci

5. VCoupe376ci

VCoupe376ci

And look! Trump's name came up in every result! Clearly it's his fault! Orange Man Bad!

6. VCoupe376ci

VCoupe376ci

Doubtful.....they will ignore the facts just like they do with the most basic biology and global cooling.....err, global warming.....wait, wait I've got it this time.....climate change.

7. VCoupe376ci

VCoupe376ci

You do understand that when he says "legal immigration", he isn't talking about the folks pouring over the border by the thousands and screaming "asylum" using our awful asylum laws to circumvent the legal immigration process, right? You are either being incredibly obtuse or incredibly disingenuous.

8. VCoupe376ci

VCoupe376ci

I believe anyone who immigrates in accordance with all federal laws, waits their turn, and doesn't try to circumvent the process using other poorly written laws that welfare benefits should be available. I do however believe there should be a 5 year waiting period where the person must maintain a clean criminal record and demonstrate they have attempted to help themselves before burdening the taxpayer.

I also believe there needs to be a complete overhaul of all welfare programs, both state and federal. The system is severely broken and has so many recipients that don't need the benefits. A MN millionaire proved that when he had little income although was living very well off using savings and applied. He filled out the applications accurately and honestly and was approved. Instead of thanking him and reforming the system to include assets into the evaluation, he was met with statements from House Democrats such as this:

Apparently a rich guy pointing out a loophole in the law that lets people exploit a welfare program for the poor to get benefits they don't need is somehow a war on the poor. I can't understand how any of these idiots can say an attempt to keep people who aren't poor from stealing benefits from people who are is a "war on the poor" by any stretch of the imagination. The logic makes my head hurt.

G26-Has-my-6 likes this.
  9. durwood

durwood

Trump raised eyebrows in his State of the Union speech Tuesday when he said he wanted people “to come into our country in the largest numbers ever, but they have to come in legally. He means the hord coming legally. 4D, 8D, infinity D, he is the swamp. Call me names. Trump is not my friend. Now, those who enjoy lofty jobs in gov, they don't care anyway. Carry on.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2019
  10. VCoupe376ci

VCoupe376ci

We don't elect Congressional representatives to "obstruct" either.

11. fg17

fg17

IDK, people are people. Yes I want them to come legally if they come. But I sometimes question our need for such a huge population.

Population around 330 million now. We have about the same land mass as Canada and Australia and they have a population of around 30 million, less people than we have in the state of California in their whole country and they seem to be doing fine.:dunno:

ETA: Australia population 24.6 million
    Canada population 37.06 million
    California population 39.56 million

United States population 327.2 million

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  12. VCoupe376ci

VCoupe376ci

"Obtuse" and "disingenuous" aren't names. I was simply pointing out that your mischaracterization of what he said makes you one of those two. Which one depends on whether it was deliberate or unintentional. No need for name calling. We are all grown ups here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2019
  13. VCoupe376ci

VCoupe376ci

I am all for merit based immigration and always have been. This country should be accepting people based on how they will contribute to the good of society, not inviting people in that will become an instant burden. We already don't have the means to help our poorest citizens yet we are letting people in by the thousands that add to those numbers. The issue is it will never happen because despite "merit based" having nothing to do with race, that will instantly become the narrative.

14. BUG'S

BUG'S

Aw common guys Liberals should be proud; look at some of their accomplishments.
    Here's a great example: In San Francisco they have legislation banning the sale of e-cigs but it is still OK to shoot up heroin and take a dump in the street. They are aiming for the "high road".

Intolerant likes this.
  15. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Absolutely, certainly better foods. General Tso Chicken.

#sarcasm

16. fg17

fg17

I hear you. But why do we need soooo... many people? No matter what their qualifications. Maybe we do to keep the system jugging along. But 330M, when is enough enough?

VCoupe376ci and Intolerant like this.
  17. "Doc" Cavalry

"Doc" Cavalry MAJ (USA Ret.)

It’s pretty easy to see where people’s allegiances are in this thread.

Some are pro-American regardless of who is president, and some are pro-American only when their team is in charge, if even then.

4D31918F-7B83-4DAC-89D2-5649187310BE.jpeg

Intolerant and FullClip like this.
  18. Dave514

Dave514

That's a weird thing to say.

Presidents don't get a magic wand and carte blanche. Thank goodness, most of the time.

In the meantime, some uplifting reading.... magapill.com

TheDreadnought likes this.
  19. Intolerant

Intolerant

Bout the only thing i`m learning from this total thread, is who i`ll block next.

Liberalism is a life threatening disease to this country. It can only be cured one way.

So...................

[​IMG]

Glock Commando and FullClip like this.
  20. bdcochran

bdcochran

I would consider it taking the low road. :freak: