Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Keep it

Votes: 1 33.3%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys new to the forum here. Bare with me as this is my first P80 build and I understand it isn’t a Glock. Anyways, I just recently tly purchased a PF940C Frame W/ Jig and I have just received it in the mail. After opening the package and looking at the frame, I noticed something odd that I haven’t seen on any other PF940C frames. There is a protrusion located where the trigger would be. I understand that there is the pinch-off point where the polymer separated from the mold but this is something different... When I try to drop in an OEM trigger, the safety gets stuck on this lump and doesn’t allow the trigger to be depressed and locks in place. This is a huge problem and I am so confused... Is this “lump” supposed to be there?? Can I just shave it off or will that affect the gun?

Please see this problem circled in the images here below: https://postimg.cc/gallery/RVBK8tF

Please help me understand what I should do as this decision to make is concerning me and is stressing me out haha. Thank you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey guys new to the forum here. Bare with me as this is my first P80 build and I understand it isn’t a Glock. Anyways, I just recently tly purchased a PF940C Frame W/ Jig and I have just received it in the mail. After opening the package and looking at the frame, I noticed something odd that I haven’t seen on any other PF940C frames. There is a protrusion located where the trigger would be. I understand that there is the pinch-off point where the polymer separated from the mold but this is something different... When I try to drop in an OEM trigger, the safety gets stuck on this lump and doesn’t allow the trigger to be depressed and locks in place. This is a huge problem and I am so confused... Is this “lump” supposed to be there?? Can I just shave it off or will that affect the gun?Please see this problem circled in red below:

Please help me understand what I should do as this decision to make is concerning me and is stressing me out haha. Thank you.
Pics?

I just edited the post with the URL. Here it is:

https://i.postimg.cc/MGX72Zw2/A3281-CBE-7269-46-E0-A0-D6-309-C4-DD56-EF1.jpg

Thank you for the fast response!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pics?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is this lump supposed to be there? Do I shave it down? Does it act as a barrier wall for the trigger safety to sit up against? I’ve emailed Polymer80 and haven’t received a reply yet and don’t think I ever will... Hoping to get this all figured out :)

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,665 Posts
Is this lump supposed to be there? Do I shave it down? Does it act as a barrier wall for the trigger safety to sit up against? I’ve emailed Polymer80 and haven’t received a reply yet and don’t think I ever will... Hoping to get this all figured out :)
Give Polymer80 a couple of days to respond. (They're busy, just like every other firearm-related company.)

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,665 Posts
Do you have any personal suggestions other than waiting for their reply?
Yes. Wait for their reply.
There's no need to start 'hacking' on the gripframe, when Polymer80 will have the correct answer, and MAY replace the gripframe IF it's defective.

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,665 Posts
Here’s what my first P80 looks like inside the trigger guard.

I haven’t done anything to this area.
Pistol functions flawlessly.
Trigger Gun Revolver Gun accessory

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I don’t recall having that material on any of my 3 frames. I’d have to agree to wait for them to reply. Call and ask for Mike Nolan. When I had issues he was a great help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update***

Upon my ignorant ass being too impatient, I began looking at everything a bit more. Have not found anything that is similar to this yet but I have found something that leads me to believe it might not be a defect... It seems as though the P80 jig itself has corresponding slots where this “lump” sits in when the frame is put inside the jig. See this circled in green shown in pictures listed below:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/196M3JP

What do you guys think? Let me know if you have any ideas what this may be. Thank you!

·
Registered
9,247 Posts
It looks like an overtravel stop for the trigger. reddit.com/r/polymer80 is probably the best forum for Polymer80's. ar15.com's Glock forum has a bunch of P80 builders too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay, will do. Thanks for the advice. I shall update you all very soon. If you’d like to follow the thread on Reddit, it’s the same title as this one “Polymer80 Frame Troubles :(“ lol. Have a goodnight y’all.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I think you found your answer but either wait for more validation or just file it off but save the shavings for when you have to put them back. You could just assemble the gun to see if the bump has a purpose......

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think you found your answer but either wait for more validation or just file it off but save the shavings for when you have to put them back. You could just assemble the gun to see if the bump has a purpose......
True, I could just whip it up and see if it works. I’ll do that see what happens... worst comes to worst just gives me initiative to clean the ***** again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update***

Alright here we go... They replied. This is what they had to say:

“Hello Customer,

That is just a spot that is there when we inject the polymer. You can use sand paper there and then you will be fine after that. If you have any other issues please reach out to us

Thank you”

I explained to them that this is not what I was talking about and replied showing the pictures of the jig as well as more pictures of the frame. I also referenced the new SI/P80 collab frame that they recently released and it has that included “bump” on that frame as well. So let’s see what they respond with next and get to the bottom of this mysterious material...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts