Howdy

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Jframe38, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Jframe38

Jframe38

Should I buy 357 sig glazer safety slugs for home defence has anyone shot these

2. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

I would recommend 125 grain Gold Dots instead.

3. PersonOfInterest

PersonOfInterest

Do Glazer safety slugs even exsist anymore in any caliber? let alone 357sig?
    even if you could get them no i wouldnt bother id prefer any 125/124gn JHP preferably Gold Dot or Hornady XTP Custom, i only ever tryed glazers in .38 Special +P and wasnt overally impressed by them.

4. G20gunner

G20gunner

5. degoodman

degoodman Out of Columbus

In a word: No.

In a few more words: Hell No.

Glazers are world famous for 2 things, the worst penetration imaginable, and rediculously high prices. Any round that doesn't penetrate many layers of wallboard isn't going to penetrate sufficiently deeply to get through one or more layers of clothing, skin, muscle, and potentially bone to get to something important to the BG, and that's on a perfect frontal shot in the summertime. Have to shoot a fattie in the Northern USA in january, and you may not even give him a serious enough owie to require hospitalization.

pick a good defensive round like a GD, HST, Ranger, Golden Sabre, TAP, Cor Bon, etc and learn what the safe angles of engagement are in your house, and situate furnature, beds, etc to give yourself maximal margin for error in a shoot situation.

6. Jframe38

Jframe38

Thanks guys I really appreciate the info never been to scared go say I don't know

7. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

You may not be scared to do that (and I commend you for that) but many here are... be wary of the advice you get here. i'm not saying the advice you got here just now is bad but... in general, be wary.

welcome