close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How'd I do?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Cgrubb1, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Cgrubb1

Cgrubb1

Went to a gun show this weekend with the wife. Just looking around, maybe some ammo, or a holster etc. Walked away with a new in box Ruger LCR. $350 OTD. Been thinking about a j-frame for a while to compliment my M&P .40c, and couldn't really pass up the price. Most of the LCRs at the LGS are around 450ish. Is 350 a good price where everyone else is?

2. boomhower

boomhower

Good price around me, can't find them for less than $400 before tax.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. str8tshooter

str8tshooter

I picked up two consecutive serial #'s for $379.00 each at the LGS about three months ago. so I'd say not too shabby!!!!

4. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7

You got a great deal.

5. The Hawk

The Hawk

You did good. I guess Black Friday was extended to gun shows huh? Congrats to you. :cheers:

6. mgo

mgo

You did well. Don't be too shocked when you fire that revolver using +P ammo. Recoil isn't painful, but after a few rounds your hand and wrist will be very tired. Muzzle flash is dramatic, too. Standard .38 specials are a different matter, and are pretty manageable. The LCR is a better J-frame sized revolver than the Smiths due to the improved cushion in the grip.
    I would really love to see Ruger make a K-frame sized revolver with that polymer frame. Perhaps with a three inch barrel. That would be a much easier to shoot +P gun.