Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tossing it out there out of shear boredom, going crazy with homeschooling!

I would like a redesign / update to offer G43x mag width. Maybe tad longer grip and tad shorter. MOS ready, backstraps to offer bit better trigger finger position. While I am at it, a metal meccgar mag to optimize capacity.

letsvhear your ideas!

Dave

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
As much as I would like to see mag compatibility with the 43X/48, it would seem to compound the problem because then 43 mags wouldn’t work.

I think an MOS option is a good idea.

·
Registered
940 Posts
It's fine as is. It's meant as a concealment pistol with a decent caliber, not a double stack, RMR and light equipped sidearm that can no longer be deep concealed. Get a 19 MOS if you want all that.

·
Registered
701 Posts
My G43s are my favorite Glocks. I like them the way they are just fine.

Everyone is different. Enjoy your redesign of a most excellent single stack 9mm handgun and best of luck and good experiences with the homeschooling as I'm sure it isn't easy. And we have the Chinese government to thank for this God-awful mess.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
If we were to time travel to when the 43 was still just concept drawings and Glock got a hold of me, one of their biggest fans, to ask my opinion of what they should incorporate into the 43, here’s what I’d tell them to do:
-I would have them widen the grip to be like the 43X/48 mag width. I wouldn’t change length or height.
-Add front serrations.
-Manufacture them in the US to make the smooth trigger standard.
-A mag that comes flush plus a mag that comes with the pinky extension that actually adds capacity.

Looking at that list doesn’t change the 43 a whole lot. Honestly, I love my 43 just the way it is. Could it be better, sure, but it’s far more than acceptable as is.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I also wouldn’t change the Glock 43. I prefer it’s size and weight as is, particularly loaded with 6+1. It’s a good size/weight in my belly band for jogging. And with most of my pants/shorts, I can put my kydex IWB holster in my front pocket if I want to pocket carry. Extra round capacity would likely add some weight to the pistol, plus the added weight of the extra rounds once loaded. If I want that extra capacity, I can purchase a 365/43X/Hellcat, or just carry my G23.

·
Registered
8,844 Posts
If I redesigned the 43, I would add OEM factory sights like you find on the Hellcat. The Hellcat has a big, glowy front dot - which is mucho importante - and an easy to center U-notch in the back.

My 43 would come standard with the Striker Control Device from Tau Development Group. This is the little slide cover plate that moves back to let you know the trigger is inadvertently being pulled on reholstering. Every Glock should have this as standard equipment. The majority of negligent discharges occur on reholstering, and this device could virtually eliminate that threat if properly used. And no, they've never caused a problem, so just stop it.

And of course, the new G43 would come with 3x Shield Arms metal mags with 10 round capacity. That is, assuming Glock would like to employ some technology from this millennium, which appears not to be the case.

So yeah. 10 round mags, much improved sights and the Striker Control Device. Underneath that is the decades-old Glock bloodline. Glock perfection.

https://taudevgroup.myshopify.com/products/striker-control-device

Hellcat front sight.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't know about this "glock perfection" nonsense. If it was perfection they wouldnt use the crappy sights. I don't care that it isn't night sights, just put on some real iron sights. Don't think it would've added that much more to the overhead cost.

·
19,073 Posts
I would make a downsized version that was just a hair larger than the G42 which is already a little large for a 380.

The reason Glock made both these guns a little larger than they needed to be was recoil. Larger guns are easier to shoot and recoil less. But some of us would be willing to tolerate a little extra recoil in exchange for a pocket sized gun. And I'm fine with the 6+1 capacity but the main thing I'd "re-design" woulds be a factory OEM 7 round mag that could be carried as a spare. I do not trust aftermarket magazines or extensions. Some people say they work good but everything works good until it doesn't.

Every other manufacturer but Glock offers factory extended mags for their sub-compacts. Glock has refused to do so and I think it's because it caused more people to want to buy the 43x. It still isn't too late for them to do it and not hurt 43x sales but I think they're just being dicks about it.

The funny thing is when they designed the 43x and the G48 with the ten round mag, people still weren't happy with that and everyone is buying those aftermarket 15 round mags at inflated prices.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Funny thing is they offer the factory pinky extention mags but with no extra rounds.

Insert mind blown gif here. To lazy to go look for it. Lol

I get it. You want to sell your other models, but c'mon mannnn. Your already doing doing it...

Reminds me of crapple products. Little incremental changes to make the consumer buy more of your products

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I think we will have it for the most part, when shield arms comes up with an 8 or 9 found flush fit magazine and a 9 or 10 round pinky extension magazine. I hope they come up with both!

Honorable mention to them offering the Glock night sights or Ameriglo night sights on the 43 stock.

Also, honorable mention to the slide design of the 43X being put on the 43. (Front serrations and tapered nose)

Just as a plug, my 15 round shield arms magazines have been flawless!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
IMO, the 43 should have been smaller to begin with. I see no reason to redesign it other than to make it smaller. I would however introduce a "43.5X" or some such. You'd have the existing 43, the new (imaginary) model that will accept existing 43X/48 mags and new shorter flush fit mags, followed by the 43X and 48. It would be simple to "grip chop" a 45X. Glock just needs to make the shorter mags. I would buy a "43X" with 43 length grip... especially if S15-esque mags that held 10 rnds were available. More options = more better.

·
Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
8,786 Posts
Tossing it out there out of shear boredom, going crazy with homeschooling!

I would like a redesign / update to offer G43x mag width. Maybe tad longer grip and tad shorter. MOS ready, backstraps to offer bit better trigger finger position. While I am at it, a metal meccgar mag to optimize capacity.

letsvhear your ideas!

Dave
Make it thicker like the 26.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts