Glock Talk banner

How well would a Versa Max 2 for the G17 hold a G19?

824 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  cowboy1964
I'm assuming a Versa Max 2 for a Glock 17 would also hold a Glock 19 without any issue? Any of you with a VM2 do this?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· NRA Life Member
5,773 Posts
The Full, Compact, and Sub-Compact Glocks all fit perfectly in all instances for my purposes in my experience...

I have gone as far as cutting off the "muzzle covering" portion of several Kydex holsters created for the Sub-Compacts to allow use of the larger models in them several times.

I guess the one point to note: Not all front sights are created the same... Sights designed for CCW use are typically "snag free" by design. I have seen some sights for competition that might actually snag on clothing if the draw stroke was twisted for any reason (struggle for retention or drawing with a seat belt on comes to mind)

I have yet to experience any issues doing this since 1996... and this concern is really only relevant if you cut down your G17 holster that you really only use for your G26... some times shortening the holster helps the concealment capability of the holster...

Standard disclaimers Apply, but it should work well for most folks.

Hope that helps you out!

· Registered
9,061 Posts
While the gun will fit just fine, you are harming the holster. Over time the unsupported bottom with the shorter gun will start to get mushy and collapse. I have a VM2 for every model I own. Save your $5 from each Starbucks and you can buy the proper holster for your gun quickly.

· Registered
33,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While the gun will fit just fine, you are harming the holster. Over time the unsupported bottom with the shorter gun will start to get mushy and collapse.
Have you actually seen that happen or is that just your theory? As thick as the leather is and the fact we are only talking about half of an inch being unsupported I seriously doubt it would be an issue and even if it were it would take a long, long, time and even then I don't think it would be a problem. It's not going to be frozen in that collapsed position.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.