Home > GlockTalk Forums > Announcements & Support > How to turn off "Go to first new post"

How to turn off "Go to first new post"

1. Hi,

Please let me know if there is a way to turn off the "Go to first new post" in the subject field of every post. I looked in user cp, but could not locate an option.

Great site by the way!

Chris

2. If you are talking about the link that takes you to the first unread post in a thread, there is no way to turn that off. It's just a feature of the board.

I never even noticed it until this post and I was trying to figure out what you were talking about. ;)

What problems are you encountering because of this?

3. you just don't click it?

4. Let me clarify, I do not mean the "Go to first unread post" that appears after you select a thread to view.

I mean that the subject of every thread began with "Go to first new post"...like this:

Go to first new postGlock 21 magazine question
    Go to first new postBought a Glock 29
    Go to first new postNY Trigger springs

True, I could avoid the link, but it made the forum list annoyingly unreadable. No worries though, it seems to have disappeared. Next time, I will do a screenshot.

5. Strange stunt. This only happens when I access GT through the "back door" webaddress. Are you logging in with WWW.glocktalk.com?

6. Must have been some sort of glitch. I've never seen that.

Glad to know it's not an issue now.

Yes, next time, get a picture and also let us know the address you are accessing GT through. It may make some sort of difference.

7. Yep, I log in through the main site, even have the cookies set.