GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am moving to Florida and I let my Kentucky permit expire since Kentucky no longer requires a CCW permit. How do I transport without a CCW I plan on getting a Florida permit.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I would simply pack you Glock or Glocks into other thing in locked case, with ammo in seperated containers. Why would to Police stop you, are you a RED FLAG PERSON, or kind of normal law abiding person.

Do not break no traffic laws, do not drive too long with out resting, or getting out of the vechicle, do not drive sleepy like some drunk.

Should go well.

Migh list the State you will Enter & Exit enroute to FL, post list to see if anyone know about weird laws in the States.

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
If you are really concerned about it, ship it to a FFL near your destination, but if it were me, I would do as Glock-O-Rican said.

Reactions: sixgun2

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
You can transport your firearms through the States you named without a pistol permit, just put them in a locked box and in the trunk or trailer.

There is a website, Concealed Carry something, that will give you the exact legal situation - and you should check that.

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
Like people did before CCW was common. Unloaded in a case, in the trunk. You could go from Kentucky into California or almost anyplace else in the US that way, with the exception of maybe a few cities out east.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Well here in tennessee you can have it loaded in your vehicle without a permit, I’m not sure about the other states.

·
Premium Member
24,826 Posts
Carry them all on your person. Drink lots of whiskey and when you get pulled over, just start screeching "I KNOW MY RIGHTS!"
First refuse to roll your window down, demand badge #, supervisor, mention joinder, traveling, the Magna Carta, Blacks law, Maritime Law... and demand supervisor 30 more times before the Officer finally gets in. “You have a nail sticking out of your tire”

·
Registered
343 Posts
Carry them all on your person. Drink lots of whiskey and when you get pulled over, just start screeching "I KNOW MY RIGHTS!"

What about:

I pay your salary.
Do you know who I am? !!

I’ll have you fired!
What’s your badge number? !!

Love these statements, I wish I was an officer to just hear these comments from the drunks and arrogant people I pulled over.

Wanted criminal justice courses, after high school, would have been a good officer I feel,
The lure of a good union job paying $20/ hour in 1991 was a no brainer.
Switched unions in about 1995, took a pay cut, but ended up very comfortable.
Any regrets, maybe the clean aspect of an officers job, but the pay is a bit more, and our family is comfortable.

No regrets, except hearing idiots tell me “ I pay your salary :) :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
As far as I know, Federal law allows for transportation of personal weapons from point A to point B across state lines if it’s legal for you to own those in both the point of origin and destination. It’s recommended for unfriendly states that you don’t linger in their jurisdiction. Also putting the firearms packed, locked and unloaded in the trunk makes it clear you are only transiting. This is a common scenario for people relocating from one state to another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
King Doofus.
5,493 Posts
What about:

I pay your salary.
Do you know who I am? !!

I’ll have you fired!
What’s your badge number? !!

Love these statements, I wish I was an officer to just hear these comments from the drunks and arrogant people I pulled over.

Wanted criminal justice courses, after high school, would have been a good officer I feel,
The lure of a good union job paying $20/ hour in 1991 was a no brainer.
Switched unions in about 1995, took a pay cut, but ended up very comfortable.
Any regrets, maybe the clean aspect of an officers job, but the pay is a bit more, and our family is comfortable.

No regrets, except hearing idiots tell me “ I pay your salary :) :)
Nah, just start screeching "I'm a sovreign citizen" over and over.

Seriously tho... If I lived in a free carry state I would look into getting a permit that is honored in a bunch of others. Either from my state, or through another. I travel too much to not be legal in more states than just mine.
Being in a free state is cool, until you want to carry in another.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
You'll be following the federal guidelines , Are you legal to posses in your destination state? Are you legal to posses in your departure state . If you can answer both of these yes, Keep unloaded, Magazines separated , Gun locked in a container with no access from drivers seat and you're good to go . Have you become a Florida resident yet (switched your license) and you don't have a license in your old home state you might need to get a non resident permit for florida

1 - 20 of 45 Posts