1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Why so serious?
66,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
The "reduce motion" & "Increase contrast" both seemed to *maybe* speed up my iPad 2 with iOS7 just a hair, but I can't tell for sure. Couldn't hurt things.

Sure does make things easier to read though.

You've really hit it out of the park when your otherwise normal users are forced to enable features intended for the handicapped just to get your software to work & look right. :upeyes:

iOS7 is Apple's Windows Vista.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I am not sure I even want to update all my Apple devices to IOS7, seems like way too many issues.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
It's an abortion. Upgrade for the sake of upgrade. BS
so many software upgrades any more just make things complicated and waste processor power.

·
NRA Life Member
14,407 Posts
No problems on my iPhone 5S or iPhone 5. The iPhone 4 seems to lag a little, but still useable. iPod Touch was not eligible so it stays on iOS 6.

It really looks good IMO and I didn't think I would like it. They had people complaining that iOS looked stale, so they refreshed it and now people complain about that. They really can't win.

·
Premium Member
6,310 Posts
I only upgraded my iPad2. The speed was ok, but that parallax nonsense was annoying.

·
Registered
15,838 Posts
The "reduce motion" & "Increase contrast" both seemed to *maybe* speed up my iPad 2 with iOS7 just a hair, but I can't tell for sure. Couldn't hurt things.

Sure does make things easier to read though.

You've really hit it out of the park when your otherwise normal users are forced to enable features intended for the handicapped just to get your software to work & look right. :upeyes:

iOS7 is Apple's Windows Vista.
That's just stupid.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
my iPad 2 and iPhone 4 run fine with it...there was some battery consumption issues at the start but that settled down in a few days...learning how to close out apps helped too as did using the increase contrast...the only thing I don't care for are the pastelish colors...my stuff runs just fine...

Bill

·
Rip Lips
7,116 Posts
The majority of the issues I have seen were the passcode lock on update, lag and performance. Lag and performance were self healing so to speak, a few hard resets and overnight and it streamlined out and performs quite well, the passcode lockup was sporadic and was addressed in 7.0.2 for the 5c and 5s. Force recovery through itunes is the only way to get past the passcode lock.

Older folks seemed to complain about the updates and colors, more than most. I hope there will be versions that allow a bit more customization with regard to color schematics and layout, using a white background in messaging can munch on battery power. I like it still overall, yesterday with moderate use I benchmarked my 4s on battery life, only lost 17% by the afternoon, no worries for me.

·
Registered
14,744 Posts
Those hints seem to have helped my ipad2 run a little faster.

Any hints on it remembering me on Glocktalk? Most of the sites I sign into won't remember me since I upgraded to ios7.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
so many software upgrades any more just make things complicated and waste processor power.

Precisely. It's so hypocritical how they prided themselves on "removing the cruft" and "getting the design out of the way", yet they loaded iOS7 down with all these animations and transparencies that most *desktop PCs* struggle with, let alone mobile devices.

I'm getting to spend more time with iOS 7 here on my ipad on a car trip and it makes my eyes hurt. The flatness, lack of any color, contrast and visual cues/borders hurts my eyes and makes it really difficult to navigate.

I do IT for a living, and I hate change just for the sake of change, which is exactly, 100% what this is.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Trust me it's a big time upgrade unless you have an iPhone 4 and even then it's an upgrade.

Can you be specific? I'll gladly give specifics as to what I hate about it - what do you love about it so much?

There are some features I like in iOS7, but nothing that's so great I wouldn't go back to iOS6 in a second.

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
You realize that is not true, and iOS7 is actually optimized to take advantage of the 5s's new 64 bit processor, and is blazing fast on the device, yes? They had to upgrade all other devices from the iphone4 and up because that is what Apple does, they support their products with new updates for 3 years. You don't have to update if you don't want to, but to complain about a free update seems odd.

·
I like Macs
7,683 Posts
It runs fine on my 4s, I did some tweaking, turning off stuff and the battery life is back as good as it ever was.

I have really noticed no speed difference on my phone. I am not too in love with the weather app, but overall it seems pretty decent. I kind of miss the familiar look that I grew so accustomed to.

·
NRA Life Member
14,407 Posts
The majority of the issues I have seen were the passcode lock on update, lag and performance. Lag and performance were self healing so to speak, a few hard resets and overnight and it streamlined out and performs quite well, the passcode lockup was sporadic and was addressed in 7.0.2 for the 5c and 5s. Force recovery through itunes is the only way to get past the passcode lock.

Older folks seemed to complain about the updates and colors, more than most. I hope there will be versions that allow a bit more customization with regard to color schematics and layout, using a white background in messaging can munch on battery power. I like it still overall, yesterday with moderate use I benchmarked my 4s on battery life, only lost 17% by the afternoon, no worries for me.
It was explained that to me that with the type of display the iPhone has, white uses no more power than any other color, including black.

·
NRA Life Member
14,407 Posts
Can you be specific? I'll gladly give specifics as to what I hate about it - what do you love about it so much?

There are some features I like in iOS7, but nothing that's so great I wouldn't go back to iOS6 in a second.
Can you be specific about what you don't like about it? You can turn off the parallax if you don't like it. Most people seem to be getting good battery life out of it.

Sure the design is different, but I was pretty used to it after a few days. I was surprised how old and dated iOS 6 looks now when going back to it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts