How to sell a gold crown...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by jdavionic, Feb 15, 2010.

1. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

Okay, it's not quite a simple as selling a gold crown. Long story short...it's got part of broken tooth and adhesive with it. I'd like to sell the gold. Might as well get something for it. I doubt anyone will buy in the current state with a tooth piece bonded in it.

I thought about heating it up with a torch and melting it. I have a dual gas (MAPP/Oxygen) torch and I'm sure it can get hot enough. But will that emit some bad gases?

I don't know. Any ideas...aside from telling me my teeth are terrible. :supergrin:

2. tadbart

tadbart duuuuude.

i'm sure there's some old book on how the nazis got the gold out of the Jews' teeth...
    i'm not being a pig, i'm serious.

3. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

It's cash for gold just about anywhere.

Selling it to a "cash for gold" merchant is a guarantee that you'll get relatively little cash for your gold. Shop carefully to find the best exchange.

If nothing else you might try to separate the metal from the tooth to get a better idea of the market value of it.

4. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

Yea, that's my second challenge. I know a lot of these "we buy gold" places will take a huge advantage of you. I know that you won't get the current gold prices when selling. But I'd like to get as much as possible for it.

5. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

They broke the teeth with hammers and threw them into small smelting or jewelers furnaces and ran them until the gold had melted and dripped to the bottom of the smelting crucible. They then scraped off the burned teeth and added more until the crucible was full of gold. When it was full and cool they broke the ceramic crucible and sent the gold ingot to be refined into pure gold.