close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How to see email address of poster

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Leozinho, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Leozinho

Leozinho

I've noticed a few occasions where posters in the Classifieds section ask interested buyers to contact them via E-mail.

They didn't leave E-mail addresses in the post, which makes me think that there should be a way for me to look at their profile and find an address for them

But I can't find a button that leads to their profile. Maybe I'm overlooking it? (Or maybe it's not there and the poster forgot to put it in the message body?)

Any help? thanks.

2. Cross-X

Cross-X CLM

To find the Profile button, look to the bottom of their message.

3. Leozinho

Leozinho

Thanks. I figured there was a profile button, but I still can't see it. (Now I know that something is screwy)

The only thing I can see are buttons for "message" "search" "buddy" "edit/delete" and "quote."

I looked around my setttings to see if I have something disabled, but I don't think I do.

Anybody got any ideas?

4. c-mama

c-mama Moderator

You should be seeing a "profile" button to the left of "message". I don't know why you cannot see it.

You can click on "message" to contact the poster, though.

5. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

I wonder if you have to get to Senior Member to get the info?

No clue.

;P

6. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart CLM Millennium Member

Here is my unofficial answer, since I am not 100% positive it is correct. Perhaps Eric can chime in and confirm or deny.

First, there is an option that you can check when you set up your profile that asks you if you want other people to be able to see your email address. I checked, and mine is supposed to be visible, but when I check my profile, it isn't listed. This leads me to believe that the option to have email addresses in public view is turned off. If a member has that option checked though, you should see a little "Email" button below their posts, next to profile. You can click that and the GT system will send it for you, without allowing you to see their actual email address. Some people are very privacy sensitve and I believe that is why email is handled that way.

7. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

Patricia, I think what happens is that if you want to send someone an email, and they have set up their account to accept emails, then when you send one to them, they will receive it. All it will tell you is "Your email has been forwarded to Eddie C."

Now if Eddie C. decides to answer your email with one of his own, you will then be able to get his email address. If Eddie C. decides to be rotten, like I've heard he can be, he'll ignore it and you won't be able to get his address.

Eddie C.;f ;f ;f

8. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Eddie don't play fair :( :)

9. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

Hiya sweetie!#wav

10. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

#wav #wav