How to Properly Clean a Firearm

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Hobby Gunsmith, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Hobby Gunsmith

Hobby Gunsmith

Hey Guys, so i made this video to demonstrate how to field clean a firearm, after going to the range or monthly maintenance. this is the most asked question i had in my shop. how do i clean my firearm and what products and procedure should i use. so i figured id make this video to help some of you out. now this is a basic cleaning, i still recommend you do a detail cleaning once a year where the firearms is completely disassembled to the last spring and cleaned thoroughly, lubricate, and inspected for wear. if you are not comfortable tearing your firearm apart to that extent. take it to your local gunsmith to have it done, the service is not that expensive. I hope you guys enjoy the video, and please hit the subscribe button to keep up to date on all new videos i put out. Thank You guys for all the support.

View: https://youtu.be/wfXgkbuOF4c

2. usnret

usnret

Lubrication will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. The lubing that you show here might be fine for a Shield, but is totally wrong for a Glock.

Hobby Gunsmith likes this.

3. Hobby Gunsmith

Hobby Gunsmith

Ahhhhh thee old debate on how to lube your Glock. yes the factory does show key points on where to put a drop of lube, but giving a fine coat on all your parts will not harm anything. if anything your just adding a small layer of protection to your metal parts.

Jeff S. likes this.
  4. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

Kinda' like a discussion about the proper way to wipe yer butt. Lot of different methods, but go with what works for you and your tolerance for skid marks..

Hobby Gunsmith likes this.
  5. ObiJuan

ObiJuan

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    FullClip and Hobby Gunsmith like this.
  6. Hobby Gunsmith

Hobby Gunsmith

lmao i like that one.

:laughabove: I definitely know that feeling. lol

FullClip likes this.