close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

How to legally sell my Glocks

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by dpera001, Feb 15, 2004.

1. dpera001

dpera001

I want to sell my Glock's. Buying a motorcycle and need the cash for down payment. I have never sold guns so I need some information as to how to do it legaly. The guns in question are a stock Glock 21 with two ten round magazines in pristine condition, and a stock Glock 32 in the same condition. Both of these guns have been fired no more than ten times. I would like to know; 1. If I can sell them person to person, or just to a federally licensed dealer, and 2. How much can I expect to get from them. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

2. sctusa

sctusa Sasquatch

You can sell person to person. As long as you don't knowingly sell to someone that would not be able to buy one.
    You should be able to get in the $ 350-400 range for each to a private buyer.
    Check out Packing.org for details about buying and selling firearms.

3. dpera001

dpera001

Thank you your response is appreciated. Should I go to a gun show, or place and ad in the paper?

4. Sin.dc2R

Sin.dc2R In God We Trust

Ill buy your Glock 21. Email me at jdmb18c6athotmail.com. *Replace the "at" with @. Thanks.

-mike

5. njl

njl

It should be mentioned that in FL, you can sell privately to another FL resident as long as they are not prohibited from buying/possessing firearms. You basically just have to ask them if they're prohibited. It's not a bad idea to print up a combination bill of sale / statement that the buyer is not prohibited, make 2 copies, have each party sign both, and each keep one. That way, you have proof that they told you they weren't prohibited, and they have a receipt saying they bought the gun.

If you sell to someone in another state, you have to send the gun to a FFL (federally licensed firearms dealer) in their state. That FFL will then do whatever federal and possibly local paperwork is required in order to transfer the gun to the buyer.

If you go to a gun show, it wouldn't hurt to walk around with a sign saying "Glock 21 & Glock 32 for sale". The dealers aren't going to offer you much for them, so you'd really want to do a private sale to a non-dealer unless you just want to quickly dump them.

If your guns really are nearly new, I'd expect >=$400 each for them. The best most people can do on new Glocks is just over $400 on the small ones (a little more for the 21), and then you have to add in sales tax and FFL fees, which brings it up to >$450 (more if there's shipping involved).

edited to add: It's also a good idea to ask to see their driver's license (or concealed weapons permit) to verify they are FL residents.

6. Shane26

Shane26

7. RiverVan

RiverVan FREEDOM

8. mghcw3

mghcw3 Glock40

how much for the 21?