Glock Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Decap Pin Killa
18,083 Posts
This page will help identify the manufacturer:

http://cartridgecollectors.org/?page=headstampcodes

...but I'm not sure that's what you're asking. Ultimately, it's going through your die, so they'll all be the same externally. The only difference will be internal volume. That's why you separate by headstamp (you can use mixed brass, just don't push max).

If it's got the NATO circle cross:

You know it was 5.56mm and it's a good bet the primer pocket will need to be swaged or reamed out.

·
Decap Pin Killa
18,083 Posts
But due to the motion of the handle, I think it takes less space than the RCBS bench swager.

I have the swaging die set and I never really grew to like it. It will do the job but it seems to be a good deal slower than the Dillon Super Swager. Maybe it's just me...

Richard
I didn't know RCBS had a bench swager.

As far as the swaging die, I think it's you. You set it up, and load brass in one at a time. On the Dillon, you set it up and load brass in one at a time. One is on your press, one is in its own housing bolted to your bench.

:dunno:

·
Decap Pin Killa
18,083 Posts
Has anyong used this device?:

Amazon.com: RCBS Primer Pocket Swager Combo-2: Sports & Outdoors

I think I would prefer something that I could install to my press, like this item seems to work.

Any comments on the functioning of this item? Sadly, it looks like this requires a single or turret press in order to use this tool. So maybe I cannot use it after all. I have a Lee Loadmaster.
I must be talking to a brick wall. It's like I'm having a conversation with Little Stevie or something.

:shakehead:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.