Glock Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39,317 Posts
I didn't know RCBS had a bench swager.

As far as the swaging die, I think it's you. You set it up, and load brass in one at a time. On the Dillon, you set it up and load brass in one at a time. One is on your press, one is in its own housing bolted to your bench.

:dunno:
You gotta get out more ZOmbie. I have the RCBS, works fine, sometimes it still leaves a little of the crimp behind. So either swage, turn the case 180gr & swage again or I just clean them with a VLD style deburring tool. I had the RCBS die set, painfully slow. I just mounted my RCBS swager to a chunk of 2x2 & clamp it in my bench vise, remove it when done.

·
Registered
39,317 Posts
I must be talking to a brick wall. It's like I'm having a conversation with Little Stevie or something.

:shakehead:
Reading is a useful skill not taught much in school these days.:whistling:

·
Registered
39,317 Posts

·
Registered
39,317 Posts
So, even with all the tools out there, you are referencing a specific tool, if I understand you. From your perspective, that would be the RCBS or Dillon for $80.00.
I could use a pocket knife, but like to make things easy, so yes, a bench mounted tool will work better/faster than a hand tool. A VLD style chamfer tool will work better than a drill bit. As always, it depends on how much time you want to invest vs $$.:dunno:

·
Registered
39,317 Posts
Great, I'll stop at Cabela's and pick one up. I want to get started processing some brass (Starting with the primer crimps) over the weekend.

These cutter heads with the threads are designed for those motorized case processing stations. I've watched several YouTube videos of guys using these. They look like a fast and easy way to process large amounts of brass. Unfortunately, those devices are pricy.

I’ve seen three variations on the motorized processing stations. The large ones had multiple cutters (4 or more) all setting vertical. The simplest one had three stations. The device sat with the cutters horizontal to the tabletop.

Has anyone used any one of the motorized processing stations?
I have the Hornady trimmer/work station. Yes it is expensive, but I can do everything to one piece of brass at one place, saves time. I still swage the pockets for now, waiting for a Hornady reamer. The Lyman one fits but seems to need more force to work well.

·
Registered
39,317 Posts
Fred,
How much rifle brass do you process at one time and do you use the case prep station with your handgun brass?

Until I get a good idea on how often I will get to a rifle range (The best rifle range (Kingsbury Indiana Shooting Range) is 1.5 hour drive from me), I'm doing with the hand prep solution for now. However, I am keeping on eye out for the motorized solution.

I may be getting a Cabela's gift card or two for Christmas. So, who knows?
I rarely do more than 100 at a pop, trimming, chamfering & primer pockets. I never process handgun brass, never seen the need. If I had a ton of crimped 9mm, maybe, but I don't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.