Glock Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
32,813 Posts
I didn't know RCBS had a bench swager.

As far as the swaging die, I think it's you. You set it up, and load brass in one at a time. On the Dillon, you set it up and load brass in one at a time. One is on your press, one is in its own housing bolted to your bench.

:dunno:
I have the RCBS bench swager, it works pretty well but I must admit from the vids I've seen the Dillon unit looks like a better setup.

I like swaging better than reaming out the crimp myself.
Reaming works pretty well on the stab crimps but ring crimps can be stubborn to ream as it seems a lot more material has to be removed than I like.

·
Banned
32,813 Posts
Great, I'll stop at Cabela's and pick one up. I want to get started processing some brass (Starting with the primer crimps) over the weekend.

These cutter heads with the threads are designed for those motorized case processing stations. I've watched several YouTube videos of guys using these. They look like a fast and easy way to process large amounts of brass. Unfortunately, those devices are pricy.

I’ve seen three variations on the motorized processing stations. The large ones had multiple cutters (4 or more) all setting vertical. The simplest one had three stations. The device sat with the cutters horizontal to the tabletop.

Has anyone used any one of the motorized processing stations?
No but after dealing with 400 5.56 cases last night:faint: I'm SERIOUSLY thinking of getting one.
Probably the RCBS version.

I got a gift card the last time I bought primers and that's probably what I'll use it on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.