close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How to get sick and tired of Rocky Top

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by HerrGlock, Oct 22, 2012.

1. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Go see a football game in Neyland Stadium.

HOLY COW, they played that song every time a TN player was substituted in the game, I believe. Come to think of it, perhaps they just played it over and over the whole game and it only registered that frequently.

Gitmo should take notes...

2. oscarthegrouch

oscarthegrouch

I hope it was the Osborn Brothers version!

3. alphacat

alphacat account deleted

You mean this one?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzG97IPg0y8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzG97IPg0y8[/ame]
    I love it.:thumbsup:

4. rhikdavis

rhikdavis U.S. Veteran

Yah, I have a friend that emails the lyrics to me everytime Tenn is playing.

5. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

You are right HerrGlock!

Been there several times and it will grate on your nerves!

But being a Bama fan....it wasn't so noisy this past Saturday (I wasn't there but had some friends send me video clips)! :supergrin:

:wavey:

red

6. PBCounty

PBCounty

Do football fans get tired of things?

7. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Well it was until somewhere near mid-3d quarter. This was the end of the 3d:

[​IMG]

8. TK-421

TK-421

You'll enjoy it if you're a fan. Every time the Chicago Blackhawks score at home they play a bit of Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis, and I enjoy the song because it brings back good memories of when I got to see them play live at home.

9. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

I still prefer waterboarding.

10. redbaron007

My daughter and son noticed it too. Especially in the 4th quarter...the TV scanned the seats, it showed a waste land.

My wife is a big UT fan...we have had our ups and downs on the 3rd Saturday of October for the last 20+ years. :rofl:

red

11. benji

benji

Playing Rocky Top is about the only thing we have to get excited about this year (and the last few years). Don't take that away from us. Otherwise we'd just have Fooley in his orange pants to look at and hope that he can accidentally win a game.

12. redbaron007

Not taking it away...:cool:

Is there much talk of Dooley being replaced next year....or are they giving him another year to clean out the staff and try again?

Chizik at Auburn is in trouble. :wow:

red

13. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

When I lived in NC every year somewhere between March and June there would be two/three weeks where all the pine pollen would collect and fall out of the trees. When it rained the first time after that there was yellow streams and rivers running down the streets for a week.

I thought that's what I was seeing mid-way through the 3d quarter with all the orange flowing to the exits :animlol:

Mom's a UT fan so we don't tend to talk on the 3d Sat in Oct. I'm dragging her to Tuscaloosa for the Iron Bowl this year, though.

14. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Y'all need to pick up Bobby Petrino. He might be worth the extra good looking assistant salary. I hear he's available :)

15. redbaron007

Sounds like my house......there wasn't a lot of convo...however, a couple of my kids liked to irritate Momma....they learned the hard way! :animlol:

I haven't been to the Iron Bowl since 1990...when Gene Stallings broke the 4 year rout of the Tide.

red

16. benji

benji

Everybody seems to be hoping that Gruden will want to come here. I have my doubts. I remember when Dooley was hired my first reaction was "Who is Derek Dooley?". I don't want to see that type of hire again.

Word around campus is that he'll get fired after the SC game and allowed to finish out the year. I guess they don't want to wait until the end of the year since we should win the rest of our games after SC.

I'm hoping Gruden, maybe Chavis, definitely NOT Petrino.

17. ColdSteelNail

ColdSteelNail

Oh Yeah. There's plenty of talk. I expect if the Vols lose big to South Carolina it will happen. My first choice would be Chip Kelley at Oregon.

A lot of big name coaches shy away from Tennessee though because of it's poor in state recruiting base. The whole state produces only a bout 5-6 four star recruits a year. The biggest recruiting area is Memphis and there are 6 SEC schools closer to Memphis than is UT. Now that Missouri is in it is 7.

18. g29andy

g29andy CLM

Been to UT game, lots o rock top. Been to Miss St game, lots o cowbell.

19. Buki192327

Buki192327

I didn't know any other song was allowed to be played in Tennessee. :upeyes: :whistling: :wavey:

20. 69HEMI-R/T

69HEMI-R/T

I have a good friend who is an Auburn grad (early '60's) and went to a lot of SEC games over the years and tailgated just about every stadium multiple time over the years.

He said Tennessee fans were the absolute worst fans to visiting team supporters by far. He loved tailgating at LSU games as the crowds were generous with their food and alcohol and usually very nice in the stadium. He did say, however, do not go as a visitor to evening games at LSU! Too much time for the idiots in the crowd to get drunk and rowdy!!