close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How to get MSN/Outlook Express contacts into Act! 2006 ??

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Norman, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Norman

Norman Non nobis CLM

How can I export my MSN/OutlookExpress contacts into Act! 2006?

I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure this one out, and I would REALLY appreciate the guidance and assistance.

I managed to export contacts from MSN into Outlook Express... there must be a good 250 of them. I need to get them into my Act! 2006 contact list. Outlook express keeps giving me an error when I try to export as a .csv and as a .txt, my only two options, really.

What do I need to do. I finally mastered getting excel stuff into Act!, so if I can get those contacts easily and quickly onto Excel, I can get it into Act. I'm using the trial version and likely buying the program. Please show me the way with these contacts, please!

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesArticle/id-2824.html

That references Act! 05, maybe its similar?

It seems it should just be a simple Import/Export, but who knows. I've never used ACT, so I really don't know for sure.

Edit: Sorry, just realized thats for Outlook, not OE.. Hopefully though, it will put you in the right direction.

Good luck
    IGF

3. lens

lens

It's been years since I worked with Act! but this still should apply.

In OE, Export address book as a CSV file (text).

In Act! there should be an Import function that will work with CSV files. You will need to link the OE categories to the Act! categories to ensure that the data gets transfered properly.

Good luck.