close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How to delete AutoLogin info on Win98...

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by WillieD, Mar 13, 2006.

1. WillieD

WillieD

How do I delete the login info that automatically pops up when I start to login on a site. I was typing in my username and I accidentally typed my password in after it thinking I was in the next space. Now as soon as I start typing my username, it shows whatever anybody else types in to login, including my password. Win98. Thanks, Terry

2. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

Try Ccleaner it fixes a lot of clean up problems in Win 98.

http://www.ccleaner.com/ccdownload.asp

download,save and install it.Restart your PC before you run it.Use the default settings.

3. WillieD

WillieD

Thanks. Ran CCleaner and it removed alot of crap, but still have the info intact that I am trying to remove. Can I get into my Windows folders and delete anything? Also, is there any cleaning program like that for XP? Thanks, Terry

4. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

Ccleaner will work with Windows XP.The Microsoft "Disk Cleanup" utility works in XP but there's a bug in Win98 that causes it not to work.Where is this password?In your browser or somewhere else in your system?I use CCleaner in Windows XP too.It cleans the registry too_Oh and the disk defragmenter in Win98 doesn't work 100% and it's very slow.Do not install this in XP but for Win98 it works fast and better than the originally disk defragmenter.Restart after you install it and don't run Ccleaner before the restart.

Diskeeper Lite

http://majorgeeks.com/Diskeeper_Lite_d1207.html

5. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

A safe antispyware scanner for Win98 is Ad-Aware.It's not the most powerful but it's one of the safest that works in Win98.

Ccleaner gets many of the spyware cookies that Ad-Aware finds but it can find other things too.

http://majorgeeks.com/Ad-Aware_SE_Personal_d506.html

6. WillieD

WillieD

So you are saying the Diskeeper program is just for Win98, right? Actually the login info is on the browser. Mainly when I check my email through my providers webpage instead of going to check it on my computer's Outlook. Terry

7. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

Depending on which browser you are using the password should be stored in "Tools">"Password Manager" on you browser.

8. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

Microsoft bought the Diskeeper program for Windows XP and maybe Win2000 too.You won't gain anything by using Diskeeper Lite in Win XP.

9. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

Everything that IE remembers are within these settings. Cookies can store them also
    (which can be deleted), or another additional program may be running.

In IE 'TOOLS' or from INTERNET OPTIONS in 'CONTROL PANEL', click the 'Content'
    tab. Next click the 'Auto Complete' button and then the 'Clear Forms' button. This
    should clear the START\RUN box, IE ADDRESS bar and the SEARCH history entries. When
    in 'Auto Complete' PASSWORDS can also be cleared. Uncheck the 'Use Auto Complete'
    selections if you don't want them active.

To clear the 'Documents' folder, click 'START' then move to 'Settings' and click
    the 'Taskbar & Start Menu' selection. Next click the 'Start Menu Programs' tab and
    then the 'Clear' button. Then 'Apply' and 'OK' to exit.

Passwords should clear from the 'Content' tab.

10. WillieD

WillieD

You Da' MAN. Got it cleared up. Thanks, Terry

11. Toyman

Toyman

Highlighting the item you want to get rid of with the cursor (arrow) keys and pressing the DELETE key also works.