61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,438 Posts
Reactions: pgg00

·
Caffeinator
5,392 Posts
Start Facetiming with a Michael Myers mask on. Every time. Act like it is normal.

If the calls continue, sharpen an ax while wearing the Michael Myers mask. Only answer questions about the mask or ax-sharpening activity with vague statements like "I am getting ready for the long, dark winter predicted by Joe" or the "eternal night comes for us all". Otherwise, act normal and do this during every conversation.

Worst case scenario, you will have a very sharp ax or axes.

Reactions: Greenman556

·
Caffeinator
5,392 Posts
Same here. I HATE it. There's only a few people in my life that I don't mind talking to on the phone... my dad (we talk every single day at 9am, sharp), my wife, my uncle, and my brother. That's it.

If you ain't one of those folks, text me...
Yep, I hate the phone. Very inefficient, intrusive, and time-consuming. I limit phone calls to my mother and the occasional, self-imposed misery of talking to "Kayla" or "Bob" in India when I need some type of assistance with a lost or stolen Amazon package.

·
Why so serious?
65,021 Posts
These techniques serve me.

1. Speaker phone (house & cell). I say, "yeah" or something every once in a while.

2. Only answer when I have the time, and even then limit the number of times I answer (no more than once a week), often no more than once every 3 wks.

3. Cell phone- you can give them no ring tone so they don't bother you and decide if you want to return their call when you see it, or give them a unique ring tone so you know it's them w/o looking or answering first.

4. Learn to be firm ending the call. Yes, you actually hang up on them when you say you have to go, when when they continue speaking.

Best of luck

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

Reactions: flyover

·
Registered
8,708 Posts
I don't obsess about them. Just hang up.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Ex wife is like that, on and on, I usually call her from the car when I am half an hour from my destination so I can finish the call...
Then there was the time one of the supervisors who liked to start a "discussion" "from the beginning of time" A lot of leading up to the "discussion", OMG, so one time I said, Keep talking I'll be right back", I turned a walked away, the guys said he turned purple...problem solved, he NEVER spoke to me again....(for 15 years till I retired)

61 - 66 of 66 Posts