close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How to deal with new dog problem?

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by cellison1460, Nov 28, 2006.

1. cellison1460

cellison1460

Last week I got a silky terrior for an early christmas gift for my girlfriend. We already have two English Mastiffs that are inside dogs and perfect. We've had this new dog for 4 or 5 days now and I absolutly hate it. If we put her in her cage she screams for hours and wont let up until she is let out. The cage is of proper size for her and she still has no problem going to the bathroom in it. After she craps in the cage she rolls around in it everytime. Since she is so small, 1-2 pounds, there is no way to discipline her other than yell at her. After you yell at her she screams everytime you touch her like you are killing her. She has no problem using the bathroom in the house and will only occasionally use it outside, even when left outside for hours with the other dogs. It is getting to the point that my other dogs wont come inside because the new dog is screaming all the time. What can I do to potty train and shut up this $500.00 mistake. If it were up to me I'd say screw the money and give her away. I hate her, but I know my girlfriend is going to put up major resistance in getting rid of her.