How to conceal with hips?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Pinki, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Pinki

Pinki Kiss My Glock CLM

Hi folks :)

I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out how to conceal a gun. My fanny pack at this point works the best. How do you all do it? I have a tiny, tiny waist but proportionally large hips. So, if I wear a gun on my hips, it really sticks out. I also have a belly band and if I wear that the gun sticks out like an odd third boob. So, how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

2. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C. Guest

:needspics:

3. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

Maybe a Smartcarry holster?

4. Pinki

Pinki Kiss My Glock CLM

Washington, D.C.: move along, nothing to see here. Go back to the OAF. Shooo now. ;)

I just looked at the Smartcarry and I think that won't work either. It will make me look like I have another odd appendage. I think I'm going to have to stick with the fanny pack, especially in Summer.

Still would appreciate suggestions from those who are small waist, larger hips.

5. kimbur

kimbur

I have yet to find the "perfect" way to carry. I would prefer to have it on my body than in a bag, but that requires a big blousy shirt and sometimes I want to wear the tight little t-shirt and not a button up shirt that looks like I borrowed it from my big brother. I have a smart carry holster and your right, it looks like I have endowments not complentary to my sex. So, right now I vary between a fanny pack, a purse when wearing t-shirts or nicer clothes and IWB with an oversized shirt when just kicking around on the weekends. This may not have helped you much, but know that I can sympathize with the difficulty finding the best way to carry with as little compromise as possible.

6. Mrs. VR

Mrs. VR Sharon, you will be missed.

Pgrl, we can't carry here ( :sadangel: ) but the one time I did in MT, I used Jay's IWB, and it was HORRIBLE, I had to adjust for my hips and it ended up sticking in my ribs and hurting. I am very short waisted, which I think makes it that much worse. IF we ever get CCW here, I'll have to really experiment, so I'm interesting in hearing what folks have to say.

7. Pinki

Pinki Kiss My Glock CLM

Thanks folks (Mrs. VR, I have a very short torso as well) :(

Perhaps we'll get some more opinions as we go along. I think the fanny pack is my #1 choice right now though.

Kimbur: thank you for verifying what I thought would happen with the Smartcarry!

8. Pru

Pru

I 'appendix' carry with a belly band - between my belly button & my hip, with a forward cant. I too am short waisted, so the grip is just below my bust. It helps to be well endowed; my shirts don't cling below the bust. It really is quite comfortable - not super fun to tie my shoes, but I can do so in public, without grunting.

I can kinda carry with the belly band real low, right on the point of my hip (also with a forward cant), if I wear a long shirt. The grip disappears, but I get a muzzle print in an odd place.

I tried - for about two seconds - to carry just behind the hip, but it dug into everything and the grip stuck out a lot.

There are IWB holsters designed for women that are 'off set' meaning that the upper portion of the holster holds the grip out from your body. That helps even it up with the muzzle being held out by the curves, and it won't dig into your ribs - or so I've heard. I would imagine that the trade off is that the grip prints more.

Play with your belly band. Move it and inch higher, lower, to the right, the left, and so on. Spin it full circle. You might find a spot you like.

BTW, I'm and married with kids, so I don't give much consideration to wearing "the tight little t-shirt." lol If I wore a tight little t-shirt, people wouldn't be yelling "OMG she has a gun!" They'd be whispering "Ewww...look at that fat roll, doesn't she know to cover it up?"

Good luck to you!

9. Pinki

Pinki Kiss My Glock CLM

Thanks Pru, I'll try to shift the belly band around like you suggest and see if anything helps.

10. BabyTaz

BabyTaz Mrs Codivecop

Carry 2 guns, one on each hip, then you will look balanced and people are less likely to notice!!:supergrin:

OK, I really have no GOOD ideas!

11. Pinki

Pinki Kiss My Glock CLM

Well, I'll try it just to see -- but for me that will accentuate my hips too much :sad: I'll look like a weeble. Since my waist is so small the hips will look way out of proportion.

12. JLJ

JLJ

Ladies, being of the other gender I did not pay enough attention when I saw the listing, but I believe Kramer makes a holster specially for the female anatomy. Here are a couple of links:

Kramer
    Article
    Galco

Do a google and you might find more.

Stay Safe,

JLJ

13. Pinki

Pinki Kiss My Glock CLM

Thanks for the suggestion. It may help one of the other ladies. If any of you see something similar in a non-leather/non-animal product, please let me know. Thanks! :)

14. Dinky

Dinky Numpty

Just so everyone knows------------

I am staying out of this one:wavey:

15. Pinki

Pinki Kiss My Glock CLM

Someone is not doing a very good job of locking the men out of this forum! :rofl:

16. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C. Guest

17. Pinki

Pinki Kiss My Glock CLM

Ok, I'll watch them. :hugs:

Now all you men shooooooooo! (where's the fly swatter when you need it?)

18. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C. Guest

The video's are just a bit of fun.Nothing serious but I couldn't post smiley's with URL's.

:supergrin:

19. Lynn D

Lynn D Bullseye?

Pgrl -

Don't know what you've tried or what you're interested in, but you might want to look at FIST LINKY ... They do leather (which I know is not your preference), but they also make most of their leather styles in Kydex. Not only, but they have an "ultrathin" Kydex as well. And they have some "ladies'" holsters. Might be a good starting point for you.

Now, that said, I've not tried them, but am considering a "thin Kydex" tuckable IWB at this point....

Best of luck!!! :)

20. Pinki

Pinki Kiss My Glock CLM

Thanks Lynn, I saved the link. If you do try the thin Kydex one, please let me know how you like it!