close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How to clean a Glock 19?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Riflemanz, Jan 23, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Riflemanz

Riflemanz

After how many rounds put thru the gun do i clean it?What is the best way to clean a glock?This is my first one so i want to clean it right.Thanks

2. Glock4Life

Glock4Life

Well this is a personal preference type of deal but I field strip and clean after every range shoot. This of course involves removing the slide and cleaning all surfaces. I run RB-17 gel down the barrel and let it set for about 5 minutes and then follow it with a bronze bore brush and then a cleaning jag w/ patches. I like to put the slightest oil residual in the barrel when I'm done using a dry patch afterward. Basically, I just clean everything I can reach without taking the gun down further and then put a few drops of oil in the right place per the manual. I use synthetic motor oil for this purpose and would advise to follow the manual's advice to not over-oil.

After approx. 2000 rounds or so, I do a detail strip and in addition to everything mentioned above, I clean all the guns internals thoroughly. Instructions can be found at http://www.glockmeister.com explaining further disassembly of the Glock's slide and frame. I make sure to pay specific attention to cleaning out the striker channel during this process and I use GunScrubber to clean the majority of the internals, including the sriker channel. Different people have different cleaning regiments but this is mine.--JJ

3. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

Here's how I clean.

THE FRAME
    Spray with Simple Green and scrub with a toothbrush.

THE SLIDE
    Take it apart and spray with Simple Green then scrub with a toothbrush. Clean the Striker hole with a Q tip. It is important to take the slide apart so it can be properly dryed.

THE BARREL
    Spray with Simple Green & run a paper towel patch down the barrel soaked in Simple Green.

THE RINSE
    Use moderately hot water and rinse in the sink.

THE DRYING
    Use a hair dryer to dry the parts DO NOT get the plastic too hot.
    Push a dry paper towel patch down the barrel until dry.

THE OILING
    Follow the outline in the manual. I use synthetic motor oil for lub.

4. Riflemanz

Riflemanz

I read the instruction book on how to field strip my glock 19,Is there anything i should not do that will mess my glock up when i field strip? I'm real concerned about screwing this up.

5. Riflemanz

Riflemanz

This was my first time field stripping my glock and it was very easy to do.I'm very happy with this pistol.

6. Rekced

Rekced

I think www.topglock.com has a manual on how to disassemble the slide and receiver. Just use common sense when you're doing it. Be sure not to over oil it.

I can completely disassemble and reassemble my G19 in about 2 minutes.