Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tactically Epic
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice, i want to buy another gun.
I moved states. Cant get a new licence. Dmv shut down.
Cant register car or register to vote. City hall shut down.
Cant get a hunting or fishing licence online, they only do renewals.

Its hard to get a form of government issued id when the government shuts down. Any advice on a gov issued id i may be able to procure?

·
Matthew 25:31-46
3,931 Posts
Wait. Timing is everything. How long ago did you move? Go to your new states Attorney General's web site and nose around.

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
They should have something available. The older son had to get a WI license the other week. He made an online DMV appointment then met at the building.

I realize every State is different, snoop around the DMV site, call some numbers.

·
Tactically Epic
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The state waived a lot of requirements. No need to register cars etc. Renewals can be done on line but initials have to be done in person.i moved a month a g o.

·
Native Mainiac
23,780 Posts
The state waived a lot of requirements. No need to register cars etc. Renewals can be done on line but initials have to be done in person.i moved a month a g o.
Ha-Ha....welcome to Maine (well....sort of since yer west of the Penobscot.

Instead of the "Open For Business" sign when you come into the state that Governor LePage put up, it's a "Welcome Home" deal now that Janet Mills did as one of her first important acts as Governess. Very important to get rid of anything LePage put in place.
Under her guidance, the state employees are gonna' be on vacation through the summer most likely. Lots of luck getting the new ID....but you don't need one to vote here.

https://www.maine.gov/governor/mill...-maine-people-home-new-border-sign-2019-02-01
Governor Mills Welcomes Maine People Home with New Border Sign
Augusta, MAINE – Governor Janet Mills announced today the Maine Turnpike Authority has installed a new “Welcome Home” sign on the Maine state border near the Kittery line.

In her Inaugural Address, Governor Mills announced that she would install the new sign in an effort to welcome people, including the young, immigrants, entrepreneurs, business owners, innovators and new employers to the state.

·
Tactically Epic
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha-Ha....welcome to Maine (well....sort of since yer west of the Penobscot.

Instead of the "Open For Business" sign when you come into the state that Governor LePage put up, it's a "Welcome Home" deal now that Janet Mills did as one of her first important acts as Governess. Very important to get rid of anything LePage put in place.
Under her guidance, the state employees are gonna' be on vacation through the summer most likely. Lots of luck getting the new ID....but you don't need one to vote here.

https://www.maine.gov/governor/mill...-maine-people-home-new-border-sign-2019-02-01
Governor Mills Welcomes Maine People Home with New Border Sign
Augusta, MAINE – Governor Janet Mills announced today the Maine Turnpike Authority has installed a new “Welcome Home” sign on the Maine state border near the Kittery line.

In her Inaugural Address, Governor Mills announced that she would install the new sign in an effort to welcome people, including the young, immigrants, entrepreneurs, business owners, innovators and new employers to the state.
yeah its my home state grew up in South Portland but I've watched it go downhill. I'll probably buy a house in NH

·
Know-It-All
2,414 Posts
Is residency bestowed by a state office or is it the result of actually taking up residence? You could make a case that the fact of your having moved makes you a resident, and if you could convince a private seller of that fact you might have something. I have no idea of what Maine law says, but it's an angle to consider.

·
Tactically Epic
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
State law is handguns have to be picked up in state of residence, and if id doesnt show current adress you need supplemental id like a registration. I cant ask atlantic firearms to send to a private citizen for pickup....

I have plenty of guns, its not an emergency buy, just a tax return toy

ATF cashed check for my C&R but who knows when that will arrive

·
Registered
32,994 Posts
Not much help, but all this is an example of why there should be no permit or background process, and criminals should instead just be kept locked up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts