close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

how to break in holster, did i do it wrong?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by hungryhippo45, Mar 29, 2010.

1. hungryhippo45

hungryhippo45

so awhile back i purchased a glock 26 and shortly thereafter bought a galco inside-the-waistband holster. i simply put the pistol into the holster and thats pretty much where it spends its life when not being fired or cleaned. now after reading some posts, i am seeing that alot of people say to put the pistol in a bag and then put it into the holster. why do ppl say to do this? and did i inadvertantly do some damage to the pistol or holster? thanks

2. Concealed30

Concealed30

If you have a brand new leather holster alot of times the fit will extremly snug and difficult to holster the weapon (to tight). Putiing a bag on the gun or wrapping it in cling wrap a few times will make the pistol slightly have a larger circumferance,then u can work the gun into the holster and let it stay there for a few days. This will widen the holster slightly due to the excess around the gun stretching the leather allowing you to have a nice draw without gun getting stuck in there & if u have an open top holster eaiser one hand holstering.If the gun fit in fine when you orig. holstered it, great. you have done no wrong or any thing to damage your glock......Feed it rocks, its a glock....
    Glock30

3. JVO

JVO

I have used galco Draw Ez on all my leather holsters to aid the process and it has worked very well.

[​IMG]

4. Concealed30

Concealed30

+1 on the leather break-in, Galco's are usally real tight, I looked at one once that was the right model and it would not go in, I had the shop call to make sure that part # was correct, I couldnt get it to go 1 1/2" of the slide into it....G30

5. hungryhippo45

hungryhippo45

thanks for the advice guys. it gives me some confidence that i didnt do any harm. i must have just gotten a holster that was the perfect fit. it can be a little hard to reholster the weapon while the holster is still in my waistband but since it is made from a non rigid leather im sure that this is normal. thanks again, it is much appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  6. imjin138

imjin138

I just had the same problem with a blackhawk leather holster, I put the gun in and tried to pull it out and I had to put my feet on the paddle then pull. I squeezed it open I think I will buy some EZ draw.

7. Snow and Ash

Snow and Ash

I have a Galco Summer Comfort IWB, and it fit my model 19 perfectly from the get-go.

8. Michael Fleischer

Michael Fleischer

I use a slicone water repellent it's good for holsters (plastic & leather), boots, gloves, nylon, and canvos. I do all my stuf once a year. It also helps save the gun finish. That's IMHO