Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
65,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Messages are starting to come in to this new system, so I want to take a moment to explain how you approve & delete threads.

In each of your forums, you'll see a list of both live and moderated threads. The moderated ones will have the word 'Moderated:' beside the title, like this:

To approve or delete a thread, click on the thread title. You'll notice that if the thread is still in moderation, the background of the posts will be a medium tan color, instead of the white background you see in a live thread. In the upper-right corner of each post in a thread is a post number, with a check-box beside it:

Below and to the right of the message thread is a dropdown list, with a 'Go' button beside it:

That dropdown list contains a number of options, including 'Approve' and 'Delete'. Simply choose the appropriate option and click the 'Go' button.

If you are going to respond to a moderated thread, I suggest that you first click on the 'Reply' button and type out your reply, before approving the thread. When you post to a moderated thread, your reply is also moderated until you approve the thread. This allows you to review your post and get it just right, before the thread goes live.

To keep things from getting to cluttered up, I suggest that you delete threads that you know you will not answer. On the other hand, if you want to keep a moderated thread around as a reference, or to answer after some research, please feel free to do so. You can post to the thread to leave comments for yourself or for me. You can also start a reply, post it and edit it later to complete it. What you post cannot be seen by anyone but you, the admins and mods, until the thread goes live.

I'll post more how-to info later, but this should get you started. Thanks again folks. I think this is going to be a very popular new area. Eric

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts