close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

how to add a picture under my user name?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by zerofixer, Mar 10, 2007.

1. zerofixer

zerofixer

how do you add a picture under your user name on to posting

2. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

:upeyes: If you're asking about an, 'avatar' then go to your user CP and select, 'Edit Options'. Scroll down to, 'Avatar' and make your choice from something located on your hard drive. Hit the upload button and that'll do it for ya.

If you have size-restriction problems, use either Microsoft's Photo Editor, or an off-line utility like Photobucket.com in order to decrease the size of the photo. If you use Photobucket, try loading the image tag from there. Hope this does it for ya! ;)

3. zerofixer

zerofixer

what is the cp, if i found it there was a bunch of small pictures to chose from but no way to find anything from my hard drive more help thanks mike

4. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

:) Yes, Mike, you found it. The, 'User CP' (User Control Panel) is located on the menu bar at the top of the page underneath the title, 'Glock Talk'.

You need to hit the browse button and select, ‘Custom Avatars’. You’ve got two choices: ‘Select a URL’ – for a photo host site like, ‘Photobucket.com’; or, ‘Browse’ in order to upload something from a sub-directory location on your computer.

Be aware that you can’t load a photo into your sig line, itself, on GT because Eric has placed limitations on the amount of text that can be entered here. (A photo would be too large!) Photos in GT are limited to, either, your avatar or the body of your text - only.

Keep looking around the, 'Edit Options' page; you'll find what you need. ;)

PS: Just looked at your profile. You only have 9 posts. Don't know if policy has changed; but, when I signed on, there was a required 50 post minimum before the avatar option was made available.

5. zerofixer

zerofixer

thats cool i will just to post more in the future thanks for your help i had a cool avatar from the movie 300 to use again thanks mike b